09-09-09 05:28 PM
37 12
tools
    First you say you want to return it when nothing at all is wrong, then you say it's because you can't easily demonstrate it but there is something wrong.

You have to stop combining two completely different themes into one single conversation, it really doesn't work.
    you kinda got me wrong
    when i said nothing is wrong i was just a what if question
    and how am i supposed to demonstrate the fact that my phone freezes? or turns off randomly? its not like it happens on a schedule.
    for soem things like the keyboard not working or in the case above where the phone had no phone signal that stuff you can easily demonstrate
    but for me what am i supposed to do go into a store and wait for my phone to turn off randomly? like i said nothign major is wrong with the phone its just minor glitches and annoyances that happened every so often
    09-06-09 12:59 AM
    you kinda got me wrong
    when i said nothing is wrong i was just a what if question
    and how am i supposed to demonstrate the fact that my phone freezes? or turns off randomly? its not like it happens on a schedule.
    for soem things like the keyboard not working or in the case above where the phone had no phone signal that stuff you can easily demonstrate
    but for me what am i supposed to do go into a store and wait for my phone to turn off randomly? like i said nothign major is wrong with the phone its just minor glitches and annoyances that happened every so often
    Have you done a battery pull?

If so - what I would do is call tech support & have them run whatever diagnostics they do over the phone. If the problem still persists call back & tell them that you want a new device.

If the phone is less than 30 days old just bring it back to a store & have them replace it on the spot. They usually are quite willing to do this, no questions asked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by melh72; 09-06-09 at 02:10 AM.
    09-06-09 02:08 AM
    Rogers will replace phones within the one year warrenty period with a refurb unless you have had the phone less then 30 days. Within the first 30 days you get a brand new phone. I had to return my 8900 in the first week, they sent me a new one. I made sure to ask when I called.

09-06-09 09:10 AM
    Have you done a battery pull?

If so - what I would do is call tech support & have them run whatever diagnostics they do over the phone. If the problem still persists call back & tell them that you want a new device.

If the phone is less than 30 days old just bring it back to a store & have them replace it on the spot. They usually are quite willing to do this, no questions asked.

ive done numerous battery pulls

i was having a really big problem with my phone before i forgot what it was and i called and they said before they could replace it they needed to see if a update on my phone would fix it and if the problem persisted then they could replace it.
    now my phone hasnt turned off by itself for a while and the big problem was fixed but like i said there was still small glitches like my phone freezing, the internet being slow and freezing, and the phone seems slow and laggy
    ive had my phone for well over 30 days so no luck there.

what i am going to do is play with my phone around a bit beacuse i recently came back from a 3 week vacation and left my bb at home so i dont know how it is performing but from playing around with it last night its still messed up in some ways
    09-06-09 11:34 AM
    ive done numerous battery pulls

i was having a really big problem with my phone before i forgot what it was and i called and they said before they could replace it they needed to see if a update on my phone would fix it and if the problem persisted then they could replace it.
    now my phone hasnt turned off by itself for a while and the big problem was fixed but like i said there was still small glitches like my phone freezing, the internet being slow and freezing, and the phone seems slow and laggy
    ive had my phone for well over 30 days so no luck there.

what i am going to do is play with my phone around a bit beacuse i recently came back from a 3 week vacation and left my bb at home so i dont know how it is performing but from playing around with it last night its still messed up in some ways
    My last piece of advice to you is to just bite the bullet & get a new phone.

You've already called in & logged a complaint - they've tried to help you but you're stll experiencing some problems. Just call them back & let them know. You've gotten a phone that's a bit of a lemon so just swap it. This phone is too good to be stuck w/one that's problematic.

Good luck!

09-06-09 01:04 PM
    I have a refurb and no problems at all so far. ATT actually sent me 3 diffrent phones in 2 weeks. I had a moto q9h and lost it...the phone was discontinued by ATT so they 1st sent me a motorola QA1 which was total crap, I called again and they sent me a LG XENON which is what I call a fisherprice phone...I called again and this time they sent me a samsung blackjack which is not a bad phone but for some reason it kept shutting off and giving me all kinds of problems. So I called again and thats when they sent me my refurb BB 8900...now I'm happy again!
    09-06-09 03:57 PM
    I got my replacement today and the keyboard is pretty loose

My current device doesn't have the keyboard problem at all... is it worth asking for a different replacement phone? Everything else looks good, and it seems to run fine.

Kind of odd that if it's a refurb they wouldn't have fixed the keyboard issue before sending it out?
    09-08-09 01:14 PM
    I got my replacement today and the keyboard is pretty loose

My current device doesn't have the keyboard problem at all... is it worth asking for a different replacement phone? Everything else looks good, and it seems to run fine.

Kind of odd that if it's a refurb they wouldn't have fixed the keyboard issue before sending it out?
    Yeah send it back especially if you aren't satisfied with what they sent you. I once sent back 4 phones until I was satisfied with the replacement.
    09-08-09 01:34 PM
    I vote yes also.
    09-08-09 01:45 PM
    i been playing with my phone and its better then before its still slow but i think its because of the memory and the theme i have on but its not too bad but the browser is still giving me problems
    i think the phone is good enough to keep for a while and if it starts giving em problems ill call
    a questions how did you guys send back your phone and recieve new ones? did you go to a store or was it by mail
    09-08-09 03:50 PM
    I didn't now that TMO refurbs are new. I had an issue with the buttons not working and I was out of the exchange period. They sent what I thought was a refurb and it works great. it was my third 8900 and I have no problems.
    09-08-09 08:30 PM
    im still waiting on my refurb...
    09-09-09 05:28 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD