So my sister-in-law's Curve 8530 took a dump....kinda. It will receive calls and you can hear the alerts for messages on email, BB IM, etc....but NADA on the screen! Battery pull doesn't help and the little red light doesn't even come on when you put the battery back in like it normally would. So screen display (I think) needs to be replaced. The website I usually use (bbrepairshop.com) doesn't have any service options for that particular model.

Can anyone recommend a repair shop that I can mail this phone to and get it reliably repaired quickly through? Thank you for any assistance you can provide!
    06-25-10 12:16 AM
    Changing the screen out really isn't that difficult, however I would wonder if she has insurance on her plan? If she does, just submit an insurance claim. Do you know if the warranty is still good on the phone?

I do not trust my device to anyone but myself and maybe, maybe, the carrier store - at least for repairs. So, I would almost say see if you can get an insurance phone or warranty phone.
    06-25-10 01:48 AM
    Nope, no insurance that's why I'm looking for a repair shop. We got it off Craigslist in May and it was pretty much new then. The owner said she just didn't like it and decided to get a Droid instead. So we picked it up from her for cheap. My sister-in-law takes care of it so I don't know why it went out. I don't know how to work on my own BB aside from software and app stuff so I'm not sure I would want to crack it open and attempt to fix it myself.
    06-25-10 08:46 AM
    Are you sure the battery didn't crap out on you? For the light to not even be coming on would almost make me wonder if it was a battery
    06-25-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD