i seem to constantly have this problem of disappearing memory. i recently updated my os and found that i had 22mb of memory to start with. that was 2 weeks ago. now after restarting i just have a little under 20mb. while in use that drops down to about 14mb. the question is where does does the memory go? i have lost more than 2mb since my update and keeps going down everyday. how can i reclaim this lost memory and get back to that 22mb i started with after the new os? by the way, before the os, i would be lucky to have 12mb after restarting. i don't know how i got from 12mb to 22mb after os update, but i'm not complaining. i just want to stop the memory leak. >_<
    08-28-09 10:47 AM
    do you have memory cleaning on in your options? Have you cleaned out your history in your web browser? Are you running any apps in the background that you shouldn't be or don't need to? Do you have an over abundance of tasks, calendar entries, texts, emails that you don't need that are still sitting there? There could be many things.

As the day goes on the memory will go down just from general use. I start out at just over 20mb and depending on usage by the night time it is in the mid 19 range but I also do a quickpull every morning automatically so it starts fresh.
    08-28-09 11:08 AM
    What is a quickpull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 04:48 PM
    What is a quickpull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Quickpull is an app you can use to simulate a battery pull. Much easier than actually opening the thing up to actually pull it - I run it every couple days to make sure memory is cleaned up. You can grab the free version from the app store.
    08-28-09 04:53 PM
    Are you exiting apps when you're done? Just using the back arrow key to get back to the home screen doesn't necessarily close the apps. Quickpull is a great app, I had the free version on my Pearl. The memory cleaning and browser cache clearing are great tips too. Also, do you save a lot of text messages? Cleaning those out will help too.
    08-28-09 05:07 PM
    Are you exiting apps when you're done? Just using the back arrow key to get back to the home screen doesn't necessarily close the apps. Quickpull is a great app, I had the free version on my Pearl. The memory cleaning and browser cache clearing are great tips too. Also, do you save a lot of text messages? Cleaning those out will help too.
    That's a good point also, it took me a while to figure out that you have to open the menu and close most apps. Wondered why my memory got so low all the time...
    08-28-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD