hi all

i recently upgraded my BB 8310 to OS 4.5.0

my phone worked for a day (which is what i don't understand), and now shuts off and restarts continuously. for example, right now it shuts off, hourglass turns for about 5 minutes, att symbol comes on, verifying security 100% flashes then phone completely shuts down and this process repeats again and again and again. i think it is the software update i did that has screwed the phone up. my battery is charged and i have memory 17 million bytes. can anyone help me? should i do the update again and what's the best way? i used the website last time.

any help would be appreciated.

cindy
    08-09-09 11:02 AM
    Hi Cindy,

Sounds like its OS problem. I dont know if you have read this guide or not http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry , but its the best one on here. Of course, it was written some time ago and makes references to desktop manager 4.3, you can you desktop manager 4.5. Read that guide carefully and should be up and running in no time. If that doesnt work, or the desktop manager wont connect, you can wipe the 8310 using JL Commander (just google it) its a small program that wipes berrys. Then use the desktop manager to reinstall the OS on your phone. The most current Os from ATT is the 4.5.0.110.
    08-09-09 12:39 PM
    If you have a memory card in the phone, try taking it out and see if the rebooting stops.
    08-09-09 12:47 PM
    Yeah did you upgrade the OS with the SD card in? If yes that the problem. Take out the SD card if the reboots stop put back int he SD card save its contents to the PC and format it in the phone when put your data back on
    08-09-09 12:57 PM
    thanks for the help.

took out the micro sd card and phone seems to be working fine now. how do i reformat the sd card to reuse in phone? i saved all the pics that were on the card to my pc. i think that sd card might also contain ringtones because some are now gone off of my phone, does that seem right? if i reformat the sd card will all that is on there be wiped off. that seems like a dumb question and i probably already know the answer. i am just not to sure about transferring data back and forth.

thanks for any help,

you guys saved me!!!

cindy
    08-10-09 11:29 AM
    Options, media card, menu key, format card.
    08-10-09 11:32 AM
    Lot of media card issues lately...
    08-10-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD