When I first got my 8900, I downloaded a weather application (can't remember the name of it), and it didn't work for me, because the closest town that it would pull up was 2 hours away from me.

So, I then plugged my little 8900 into my PC, and used the Desktop Manager to remove it.

I have since then gotten a new application, that works very well for me.

Just recently, I have noticed that every now and then, that old weather app will pop up on my list of applications, whatever that screen is when you press the menu key or whatever it's called. I'll click on Delete Channel, and it will be gone for a few days or a week or something, and voila! There it is again.

Any ideas on what I can do?
    04-02-09 07:40 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications... review the list, when you find it use your BB Button and then click on Delete.
    04-02-09 07:53 PM
    Sounds like a push app. You have to go where you signed up for the app and remove your information from the site.
    04-02-09 07:54 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications... review the list, when you find it use your BB Button and then click on Delete.
    Been there, done that.
    04-04-09 12:32 AM
    Sounds like a push app. You have to go where you signed up for the app and remove your information from the site.
    crap. i don't remember where i got it.

oh wait, i remember who recommended it to me, she can tell me where it is again

thank you so much.
    04-04-09 12:33 AM
    i found some stray apps in modules and deleted them. for a few days my bb was free, but then they appeared again. any thoughts?

bts, what is 'bb button'? thanks
    04-11-09 04:22 AM
    well, i had gone to the website to have it removed, but there was no where to do it on the website. so i contacted them via "contact us", they gave me instructions on how to remove the program (which i had already done), and then i told them off via e-mail, and then i'm guessing they've removed it from their end, because it hasn't showed up again since...
    04-23-09 06:29 AM
    Some apps are pushed onto your BB by the cell phone provider... t-mobile does that with a few apps... if you can't delete them then do what I do, just hide them... you have enough memory on your 8900... if not you might want to check out the Blackberry 101 lesson on How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    04-23-09 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD