.......with all of these leaked 5.0 OSs coming out for other phones, it is really making me wish I had a Tour or Storm. **** even a Bold! I really hope that one day they will realease some 5.0 goodness for all the 83** folks.
    09-03-09 03:10 PM
    We all do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 04:54 PM
    There are some good hybrids for your phone over in the hybrid os forum. Some 4.6 and 5.0 files included. No threaded sms but bbm5 and a quicker browsing experience. We are all waiting for the 5.0 os though

09-03-09 04:56 PM
    i feel the same way...
    09-03-09 05:01 PM
    I hope 5.0 comes to the 8330 too. I have a Storm, and with the lag in 4.7.148 it really needs 5.0.

09-03-09 05:12 PM
    I won't be able to upgrade until late 2010.
    09-03-09 06:13 PM
    Given the lack of 8330 leaks and the abundance of leaks for other platforms, my hopes for 5.0 get less everyday. I would absolutely love 5.0 though since I'm not elegible to upgrade for another year.

09-03-09 07:23 PM
    You really aren't missing a whole lot. All of the 5.0's are betas and most have serious problems. And some apps that many people love like facebook do not work with them - even 5.0 bbm doesn't work with most of them. I have a feeling it will be a long time before any of the older devices will see a 5.0 OS, if ever.
    09-03-09 07:56 PM
    You really aren't missing a whole lot. All of the 5.0's are betas and most have serious problems. And some apps that many people love like facebook do not work with them - even 5.0 bbm doesn't work with most of them. I have a feeling it will be a long time before any of the older devices will see a 5.0 OS, if ever.
    well that's good to know. i guess i shouldnt fix what's not broken. i mean im happy with i have now so it's all good being that i have no bugs or anything
    09-04-09 10:03 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd much rather have a stable OS free of glitches than the brand-new leaks that are brimming with them.

09-04-09 02:04 PM
    According to the rumor mill 5.0 will be coming to the 8330s but not to the other 83XX devices because they don't have enough memory to run it.
    09-04-09 06:04 PM
    As a software engineer, I really suggest you stay away from 5.0 while it's beta. no support, potential for all kinds of problems and just general disinformation with no actual knowledgeable pupport available in the wild.

Unless you are prepared for a lot of problems, stick with what you have until it's official.
    09-04-09 06:29 PM
    this is a recurring theme for 83 series users i feel like. we all want what the newer models are getting, but the truth is, we have the most stable device out of all of them. not to say that i wouldnt welcome a STABLE 5.0, but sometimes i have to stop and appreciate the reliability that comes with owning an 83xx curve
    09-04-09 11:13 PM
    this is a recurring theme for 83 series users i feel like. we all want what the newer models are getting, but the truth is, we have the most stable device out of all of them. not to say that i wouldnt welcome a STABLE 5.0, but sometimes i have to stop and appreciate the reliability that comes with owning an 83xx curve
    Amen.

I'll take reliability over novelty any day.
    09-05-09 02:26 AM
    I have seen more than one post on the Tour forum about people going back to ole trusty 8330. My best advice is to start stuffing a few bucks per pay into a cookie jar or whatever, just in case the rumors are lies and zillions of 8330 users are left in the cold. Your money fund will grow alongside your temptation to upgrade this way and by the time the E-sex Tour with wifi and trackpad is out you may be able to pull the trigger, even if it does cost you a little more.

09-05-09 03:59 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but I'd much rather have a stable OS free of glitches than the brand-new leaks that are brimming with them.

Amen to that.
    09-05-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD