Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to this site; I actually have been rather ignorant of my BB and updating its software since I have been rather content with its capabilities and for some reason it never really occurred to me to look into adding all the super spiffy stuff to my BB.. (yes, pretty dumb of me)

Anyways, I didn't really consider expanding the capabilities of my BB until I started studying abroad in China and came into the dire need to be able to read and write Chinese text messages or emails.. I've done a few searches and spent a good 3 or 4 hours searching these forums and haven't been able to find a direct answer to my question so here I am asking and I apologize if this has been asked often before. Is there any software or do any of the OS updates support reading and typing in Chinese while still operating mainly in English?
    01-07-09 02:23 AM
    There r numerous os that can read and type in Chinese. I personally have a 4.5 os from Smartone Vodaphone. Even AT&T has 4.5 that can read and type in Chinese, just download the EastAsia or Chinese version of the os. The os will be able to read text in Chinese and u can switch language input to Chinese anytime u want with the os operating in English, make sure u select English when installing the os on your comp.
    01-07-09 05:18 AM
    Ah! That is great news! Thank you very much!!
    01-07-09 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD