I have a Curve 8310 that is about 3 weeks old and just recently I started noticing that my phone will show a completly white screen with an hour glass. It stays this way for about 90 seconds and then will reboot up with my AT&T splash screen and reload. Is this normal? I noticed it goes through this process about once a day, usually when I haven't touched it for a while. Thanks for any help!
    07-04-08 09:00 AM
    Check your memory. If it is rebooting then this can cause it. Might O/S corruption. If you do not memory card, get one.
    07-04-08 09:01 AM
    I do have a memory card in there now. Do I have to reload the O/S system if it is corrupt?
    07-04-08 09:12 AM
    You can try a security wipe first in case it data that is causing it. If you can can get it booted long enought to get to the option to do this.

While you have the SD card installed is the camera set to place pix and vids there and is other data on it or the phone?

If that does not solve then O/S re-install may do it as well. if not it is a device issue and replacement maybe in order.
    07-04-08 09:40 AM
    I can try the security thing. I have it set that my applications are right to the phone. Pictures/music is on the memory card. Is there a step-by-step for the security data thing to try?

Thanks again!
    07-04-08 10:19 AM
    Was it doing the reboots before or after the memory card? Did you check your free memory? Do you get a lot of emails/text messages?
    07-04-08 10:23 AM
    Wipes only a last resort. make sure your data is backed up. Options>security options>general settings>menu button and select Wipe handheld
    07-04-08 10:25 AM
    Was it doing the reboots before or after the memory card? Did you check your free memory? Do you get a lot of emails/text messages?
    I never had the memory card out to see if it still reboots without it. I guess my free memory is located under "Options" --> "Status." If so I have 9890713 Bytes of free space and my media card has 401.9 MB of free space. I do get a lot of email but it's all through the Gmail application through Gmail. I don't get an extreme amount of text messages and I tend to keep the ones I don't need deleted.
    07-04-08 10:51 AM
    You have less than 10mb free (not good) but
    I'm not sure if it is part of your problem.

Try taking the battery out while the phone is
    on, leave it out for 30-60 secs, put it back
    once you reboot, check your mem again

Also what OS are you on?
    options > about it will be the third line

and for now forget about wiping your phone.
    07-04-08 11:00 AM
    Agreed, like I said wipe is a LAST! resort
    07-04-08 12:02 PM
    You have less than 10mb free (not good) but
    I'm not sure if it is part of your problem.

Try taking the battery out while the phone is
    on, leave it out for 30-60 secs, put it back
    once you reboot, check your mem again

Also what OS are you on?
    options > about it will be the third line

and for now forget about wiping your phone.
    Ok, I went ahead and took the battery out for 60 secs. My internal memory is now 11415036 Bytes.

My BlackBerry is running on v4.2.2.170.

If it still powers off randomly should I do a complete wipe? And I guess if that doesn't work I may have a corrupt system?

Thanks for the help.
    07-07-08 08:42 PM
    Your phone is randomly rebooting itself.

First off, your media card has nothing to do with it.

Second, you need to do some memory optimization. Search for Stoner's memory optimization guide and it will walk you through it.

Third, like AG said, forget about wiping the unit until all other options are exhausted. After you do a wipe you have to reload the OS. It's not difficult, it's just a long process.

Is it still rebooting?
    07-07-08 08:51 PM
    Hmm. I had this issue with my pearl. After I learned to keep my memoury up and do regular battery pulls, this issue cleared up on its own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 09:02 PM
    Since we are testing ideas to keep you from wiping your BB,
    heres another, instead of wiping your phone, try installing
    the newest 8310 OS, and see if that clears your issue.

Make sure you do a Backup before starting.
    07-07-08 09:16 PM
    I downloaded and attempted to install the new OS, but I didn't see it take effect on my phone. I followed the instructions but my phone still shows me as having the older OS version.
    07-08-08 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD