has anyone have there 8900 do random shutdowns? for example the phone will just shutdown and all u see the lil clock in the middle. it will stay like that for 5 mins and it will load up like nothing happen. i just wanted to make sure this is normal. thanks in advance...
    02-25-09 12:30 PM
    Dwiz:

I've had it happen a couple times, but only for about 5-10 seconds though. 5 minutes ... I'd be annoyed.
    02-25-09 12:35 PM
    I am willing to bet this is related to a theme and/or 3rd party application that you installed recently.
    02-25-09 01:34 PM
    I have had my 8900 since release day and have enjoyed it with little to no problems.

Recently, last 2 weeks or so I have noticed that it has started to shutdown randomly. When I do find the BB off the only way I can power on is after a battery pull. The power button does not power it on. To make it a even bigger problem the 5 or so times this has occurred It seems to take more than one battery pull to get it restarted. So sometime I pull out the battery and put it back in it remains off, then the second or third time it comes back on.

other than this huge problem the phone has been great. I have no problems will sound quality, or dropped calls.

Here is some general information about my phone:

Carrier is T-Mobile with original OS v4.6.1.114 (Platform 4.2.0.76), no upgrades yet. I have only downloaded 6 third party apps and they are: (in order of download)

googlemaps
    Speedtest
    capture It
    Slacker Radio
    Pandora
    Iheartradio

Also this phone has not been dropped any great distance. I have dropped it a few inches to a table or desk and noticed that few inches drop caused the phone to shutoff. It has also fallen from car seat into the carpeted floor board of a vehicle. I also have a Seidio innocase II on the phone.
    04-04-09 02:02 AM
    The only reason it turned off on the drop is because the battery slightly dislodged.
    The phone randomly turning off could mean a third party.
    I believe mine was do to Shazam, it was giving me lots of javascript errors. And when I upgraded my OS it wouldn't transfer Shazam over, it gave Java error and the app was deleted.
    Do you get these shut downs during media playback? That was also a problem on the Bold and an OS upgrade fixed it.
    Not sure about the 8900 though.
    04-04-09 02:17 AM
    Do you get these shut downs during media playback? That was also a problem on the Bold and an OS upgrade fixed it.
    Not sure about the 8900 though.

No I just have my phone in the holster and take it out and notice it is off.
    04-04-09 02:33 AM
    Like spike says iv e had mine since release with tons of apps woithouit issue. If ths were my booberrie I'd wipe it and reload everything manually fresh ota not doing an app restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 07:40 AM
    Yeah I might have to. But I am strting to think my problem might be the hardware. If I barely tap the phone it shuts off.
    Hti
    Like spike says iv e had mine since release with tons of apps woithouit issue. If ths were my booberrie I'd wipe it and reload everything manually fresh ota not doing an app restore.
    Yeah

04-04-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD