OK I'm totally a newbie with BlackBerry and this is my second post on here.

I live here in the US but I'm Brazilian and am going crazy over the world cup.

I want really badly to stream live radio via the browser on BB but it won't work because it needs a Flash Plug In for one station and a Windows Media Player for another.

Is there anyway that we can stream live video and radio outside Sprint TV?
    06-16-10 06:46 AM
    Oh and is there a better Browser for BB other than the BB Browser and Opera?

I liked Opera but navigating it with the trackpad was awful because it was not smooth...it was almost on a frame by frame movement.
    And what does it do when you change your browser identification to Internet Explorer or Firefox?
    06-16-10 06:48 AM
    Hi laz! Welcome to the forums

I am not aware that you can stream video of the world cup unfortunately and even audio of it. unless ESPN has a mobile link for you to listen to it on there.

Most browsers such as Opera, Bolt, and Skyfire have disabled streaming such as that. There really aren't any other good browsers. I have used them all and hated them - but if I had the pick the better of them all I would say Opera. Obviously you don't like that one, and I can't say I blame you. Changing your browser identification to IE/Firefox still won't allow you to stream things, it will just slow your page loading time down.

Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 08:01 AM
    Thanks, I figured that was the answer. :-/

But since we're talking browsers, I just used Bolt and I love it. How do you make any other browser other than the BB browser set as your default?

06-16-10 08:13 AM
    You can try - (try) Options - Advanced Options - Browser - Default Browser Configuration and change that to Bolt

06-16-10 08:19 AM
    Hmmm Default Browser configuration only gives me Internet Browser and Hotspot Browser.
    I'll just add the icone for Bolt to my home screen but just as an FYI for the future, how do I remove an icon from the home screen?
    I know how to add it but don't know how to remove it haha

06-16-10 08:23 AM
    The home screen - the screen with only items on the bottom? You will need to hit the BB button and go to your apps page, then the top 5 or 6 icons on that page are the ones on your home screen. So just move what ever icons you want on the homescreen to those top 5-6 icons.

06-16-10 08:26 AM
    BOLT has a plug in that allows you to make it take over the Default Browser's functions. For all that's worth, BOLT will be the Default Browser, but downloading OTA with BOLT is complicated, at best. Go to the site and you'll find it.

You could try uzard browser. It's webkit and seems Flash-enabled, we never know, it might solve the problem.

There are a few world cup apps going around, no streaming ofc, but should keeo the scores updates. Also check Pandora and Slacker, both radio apps.

Ganhamos da Cor�ia, voc� viu? :P
    06-16-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD