Please forgive my multiple posts as of late, new questions keep coming to me or else i would create one post for all of them. But you guys are very helpful in regards to tips and tricks for my new crackberry. So here goes another question...

So i have my convenience key set up to take me straight to my msgs. But i was just wondering, when i recieve a new txt msg and i see the icon on my home screen saying i have a new one. Is there a way to go straight to that msg without having to open up the msg's application? Basically im wondering if there is a key i can press to go straight to my new msg as opposed to pressing my right convenience key everytime. Something on the keyboard...

Thanks in advance
    06-01-08 04:30 PM
    Not sure if this will help,
    go to messages > options > genneral options > scroll to the bottom
    and set SMS and Email Inboxes to seperated.

Now you will have a dedicated SMS icon on you homescreen.

Depending on the theme you use, if you move it to the top of the screen
    it will show on your homescreen (the first 5 will)

to move: go to icon > press menu button > select move > use trackball
    to move it where you want and press trackball to complete
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-01-08 at 05:05 PM.
    06-01-08 05:00 PM
    I have a Seidio holster and it takes me right to a new message when I take the phone out of the holster. Maybe it has something to do with being in sleep mode. Trying putting your berry to sleep (hold down the MUTE button on top) and when you get a new text, it should take you right to the screen to view it. Let me know if it works!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-01-08 05:05 PM
    No that doesnt work, i use sleep mode often. It will still alert me when i get the txt, but then when i bring it out of standby it just shows the icon on my homescreen. I still have to press my key to get to the txt msgs.
    06-01-08 05:48 PM
    Hmm... don't know what it could be then. Maybe just a difference between the 8320 and the 8330? Sorry, maybe someone else knows.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-01-08 09:43 PM
    When the phone is in the holster it is different than when you put it in sleep mode using the mute button. As far as I know there isn't a way to go do directly to the new message, without removing it from a holster (or the bb pocket that came with the phone) after you get the message.
    06-01-08 09:52 PM
    When the phone is in the holster it is different than when you put it in sleep mode using the mute button. As far as I know there isn't a way to go do directly to the new message, without removing it from a holster (or the bb pocket that came with the phone) after you get the message.
    Ah, didn't know that... good to know - thanks!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-01-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD