yea i just downloaded maxmem and deleted all the gunk off my phone (freed up 4.5mb)

but i was wondering, if all goes wrong, how do i restore my blackberry back to how it was on the day it came in the mail???

stupid of me, i didnt bakc anything up.....

edit: will options > security > wipe handheld restore everything i just deleted?
    08-15-09 01:17 PM
    MaxMem is a simple way of cleaning out the samples and a few of the less useful applications. It is a one-way trip.

In order to properly maintain your software, including a full roll back to brand new condition, you will use a Windows computer and the BlackBerry Desktop Manager program.

The final piece of the puzzle is the device OS software. You can upgrade your BlackBerry to the latest and greatest, with ease.
    08-15-09 01:21 PM
    You can do the device wipe, or hookup to DM to restore everything. Nothing should really go wrong, but you'll be fine if anything does don't worry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 01:22 PM
    Nothing should really go wrong ...
    Most of the time.

will options > security > wipe handheld restore everything i just deleted?
    No. The things MaxMem is designed to delete are not restored by a wipe. That is often an issue when you delete Themes, the only way back is through BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Wipe will erase all the data and setting, like new.
    08-15-09 01:24 PM
    sooo device wipe wont or will add all the stuff back that i removed?
    08-15-09 01:25 PM
    sooo device wipe wont or will add all the stuff back that i removed?

Wont. Once you delete them from the device, they are gone. That is where the extra memory came from.
    08-15-09 01:30 PM
    sooo the desktop manager is on my blackberry user tools cd? and using that i can wipe it to nothing then install everything back in, including the stuff i just deleted with maxmem
    08-15-09 01:32 PM
    sooo the desktop manager is on my blackberry user tools cd? and using that i can wipe it to nothing then install everything back in, including the stuff i just deleted with maxmem
    Yes.

Your CD usually installs an early version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, the first thing it will do is request you upgrade to the latest version. That is available directly from BlackBerry Support.

Once you have that installed, you can backup and restore your data, syncronize your calender and data as needed.

Finally, and most important, Applications Loader will give you total control over your BlackBerry software.

As a side note, the first time you run it, it will default to restoring everything MaxMem removed. Fortunatly, it is simple to correct that.
    08-15-09 01:41 PM
    everything is running fine, im just the paranoid type... i like to have a just in case thing going.....

my memory free is 44231107
    08-15-09 01:46 PM
    44 Mb is plenty of free space. You are in good shape for a nice selection of useful applications.

Did you delete MaxMem after you finished with it? You can.
    08-15-09 01:50 PM
    i will right now actually thanks, good idea
    08-15-09 01:58 PM
    any other apps that people usually delete when they first get a BB?
    08-15-09 02:02 PM
    As I posted earlier in another post check into ShrinkAnOs.

forkup

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD