Ok first, I searched the forums and could not find an answer to what I'm looking for.

I have the problem with the loose and mushy trackball. meaning that it shifts around horizontally when I'm using it, and also when I push it down, there is no click feeling or sound, at all, it rather just goes in mushy. however, it does work, I've had no problems with its functionality yet.

I've taken it apart before, just to take a look at the insides myself. I've found out enough to know that the keyboard keys itself don't make the clicky feeling when you push down on the buttons, but rather the keys push onto a panel which itself does the clicky feeling.

the trackball is different however. the trackball sensor looks a lot different from the keyboard sensors, and does not click at all, rather it's just a small square panel.

so my question is, is the trackball assembly itself suppose to be the thing that makes the click feeling? for those that have taken theirs apart, if you take the trackball off of the faceplate, and put have the trackball assembly alone, does it click then? is that little metal "spoon" like panel that is under the trackball, suppose to be the thing that gives the click feeling? or is it the trackball sensor that is suppose to give the click feeling?
    07-30-09 01:22 PM
    Ive taken mine apart once before and the trackball clicked. So yea i would say...
    07-30-09 01:31 PM
    Ive taken mine apart once before and the trackball clicked. So yea i would say...
    yeah, this is what I'm asking. if you take the trackball out and just have it out on its own, out of the faceplate and away from the trackball sensor, and start pressing down on it, does it click?
    07-30-09 01:34 PM
    I've been trying to figure the same thing out. I can't get it figured out.
    08-12-09 10:21 PM
    ive taken a couple trackballs apart and put them together. They didnt click while out of the phone for me. I thought the clicky feeling was when the spoon part of the the trackball that touches the contact depresses onto the contact. Kinda like those little loud toy clickers that you push to bend warped metal to make their noise. All the trackball did was continue to bend the spoon contact down until the ball completely recessed into the trackball housing.
    *after re-reading your question I'd say that it is the little spoon contact that clicks and not the sensor on the board
    Last edited by Afterfire; 08-12-09 at 10:42 PM.
    08-12-09 10:38 PM
    The trackball does not click on its own but if you still have it taken apart, you would place it on top of that spot where it belongs and it clicks. The thing underneath allows it to click, somewhat like the keyboard keys. Maybe your trackball was replaced by a different creator(fake trackball?)
    08-12-09 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD