Okay. Just got my 8330 yesterday off of HSN. $60 a month for everything, unlimited, Boost Mobile. First month free too!

Love this phone and the Internet is Fast! I can check my email about as fast as on my iPad. Very sweet! Metro was awful with the Internet!

Here are my questions:

* are themes and wallpaper the same thing? And I down loaded a wallpaper where the **** did it go?

* I have everything on the loudest setting, number 10, and I can hardly hear it ring!!
    Last edited by China Moon; 08-20-10 at 03:49 PM.
    08-20-10 03:46 PM
    Hey there,I am glad you are liking your new BB, for the DL wallpaper check ur Download folder on the BB main screen, or go to the media on your main screen, btw anywhere you want to DL any file it will ask you. Anyways hopefully that will help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 04:46 PM
    Thank you! It did help!
    08-20-10 08:25 PM
    Hi CM, welcome to the bb sanitarium. When you change ringer settings make sure you are in the "active" sound profile. Click on the speaker icon and scroll to "Set Ringtones and Alerts" not "Edit Profiles". This will effect only the current sound profile. Here's a link all noobs should read. Happy hunting.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

08-20-10 09:19 PM
    Themes aren't the same as wallpapers. Wallpapers are just images that change the desktop background image. Themes change the icons and general appearance of the OS screens, sometimes including fonts and even hidden docks, where the icons "disappear" until you roll over the dock area with your cursor.
    08-20-10 09:21 PM
    Thank you both so much!! Very helpful ~ more than you know.
    08-21-10 08:58 PM
    Thank you! It did help!
    I am glad it helped you, and your welcome.

08-22-10 11:45 PM
    I hope you come back! I have more questions.. I think I will make this my question thread.

1. How can I delete old SMS and messages all at once? I can't do one by one, but I see no other options.

2. How can I make my key board light up when ever I want?

3. Is there a photo bucket app?

4. How can I tell if my BB comes with a media card? I thought it did, but I don't see where!

I think that is it for now!
    Last edited by China Moon; 08-24-10 at 05:59 PM.
    08-24-10 05:44 PM
    1. How can I delete old SMS and messages all at once? I can't do one by one, but I see no other options.
    Highlight the first SMS message to be deleted by scrolling over it. Press and hold down the SHIFT key. Use the trackball or trackpad to highlight the other SMS messages. Press the BB menu key and select Delete.

2. How can I make my key board light up when ever I want?
    Simply press any key on the keypad. The keys will immediately be backlit.

3. Is there a photo bucket app?
    What is a photo bucket app? Try to avoid Web 2.0 slang when asking about application suggestions. What does a photo bucket app do?
    08-24-10 05:59 PM
    1. Go to the top of all SMS messages, hit Blackberry button, Select Delete Prior.

2. Theres no way to have the keyboard lit up at all times unless someone made an app for it. Im unaware of that though.

3. BlackBerry App World - Photobucket Mobile
    08-24-10 06:01 PM

Simply press any key on the keypad. The keys will immediately be backlit.

What is a photo bucket app? Try to avoid Web 2.0 slang when asking about application suggestions. What does a photo bucket app do?

No. Pressing any key does not turn on the light. That is what I thought too. I am not sure what you mean by web 2.0 slang. I'm sorry.
    08-24-10 06:06 PM
    Highlight the first SMS message to be deleted by scrolling over it. Press and hold down the SHIFT key. Use the trackball or trackpad to highlight the other SMS messages. Press the BB menu key and select delete
    Thank you so much!! It worked!
    08-24-10 06:11 PM
    No. Pressing any key does not turn on the light. That is what I thought too. I am not sure what you mean by web 2.0 slang. I'm sorry.
    Sorry. My BB8220 and BB9700 both light up the keypad whenever a key is pressed though it only remains lit if typing. As for the Web 2.0 slang I was just referring to the term 'photo bucket app'.
    08-24-10 06:11 PM
    Oh that's funny! I actually did that once thinking like you. But no.. I so want it to light up all the time. When I want it to, not when it feels like it.

What else do you suggest? You are very smart!
    08-24-10 06:18 PM
    As for the Web 2.0 slang I was just referring to the term 'photo bucket app'.

Oh. well, I just got my iPad and they go app crazy on these things! I love it. I just got the photo bucket app for it ~ so I was wondering if there was one for my BB.
    08-24-10 06:22 PM
    OP, look at hondatwg91's responses to your post - AppWorld has a mobile PhotoBucket app :-)

08-24-10 07:48 PM
    Put your thumb over the light sensor(it's where the notification lights up) your keyboard will light up. Just go to photobucket and create an account. Then send pics to the address they send you in the confirmation email. Then sign in to your account, choose My Album, click on the pic you want to post. Scroll to the bottom and select "Get URL's. Scroll to the bottom one. Place your cursor at the front of the line, click it, press shift, and pull the trackball down. When it is highlighted press menu and copy. When you post it just press menu/paste.

08-24-10 08:14 PM
    Put your thumb over the light sensor(it's where the notification lights up) your keyboard will light up.
    umm...I'm not sure what you mean.. Nothing lights up. You don't mean the tracker ball do you?
    08-28-10 01:18 PM
    OP, look at hondatwg91's responses to your post - AppWorld has a mobile PhotoBucket app :-)

Thank you!
    08-28-10 01:19 PM
    Can someone tell me why it takes so long to send a picture to someone?

Seriously!

I find the pic I just took. Click to send and it takes that silly little hour glass forever to go to contacts so I can select who to send or to!!

Then it takes forever to send it!

Is it the phone, me or the carrier?
    09-05-10 11:17 AM
    What's your File Free?
    09-05-10 12:12 PM
    I am on the mobile forums, so I cannot see your device and carrier. Do you have the 8330 or 8320? Which carrier do you have?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-05-10 12:14 PM
    What's your File Free?

Umm...I don't know?

I am on the mobile forums, so I cannot see your device and carrier. Do you have the 8330 or 8320? Which carrier do you have?

I have 8330 curve, Boost Mobile....isn't this the mobile forum? Lol!
    09-05-10 03:47 PM
    ===== QUOTE Motorcycle Mama ====

What's your File Free?

===== /QUOTE ====

Umm...I don't know?

===== QUOTE lak611 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I have 8330 curve, Boost Mobile....isn't this the mobile forum? Lol!
    To find your file free go to Options>Status and tell us what it says in the line "File free".

By Mobile Forums, I meant that I cannot see user's profiles while viewing the mobile version of the Forums on my BlackBerry. If I was on my PC, the user's device and carrier are viewable in their posts.

09-05-10 07:18 PM
    You wouldn't be able to see it even if you were on the regular forums.

You can't see something that doesn't exist.
    09-05-10 07:21 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD