Quick couplea questions since Verizon's customer service is gone home for the night and I know you fools run things 24/7...

1) What's the difference between the standard Email/Web for Blackberry and the Unlimited Data Solutions for Blackberry plans?

2) With either of those plans, do they follow the same rules as your airtime use? IE, free nights and weekends, checking email or surfing the web at noon on a tuesday sucks up from your talk time as well?

3) How easy/helpful are the calendar/planning functions on the Curve vs. Pearl? Are there any tutorials/videos out there that highlight these functions? Is it possible to get along with whatever apps are built into the phones, or do you need to go buy 3rd party software to get the most out of those functions?

My fiancee has actually jumped on the BB idea as well, we've spent the last 2 hours poring over various phones and trying to figure out which one we want, and she's leaning 70/30 towards getting a Curve. So you might be able to convince 2 people with one post!
    08-13-08 03:35 AM
    Quick couplea questions since Verizon's customer service is gone home for the night and I know you fools run things 24/7...

1) What's the difference between the standard Email/Web for Blackberry and the Unlimited Data Solutions for Blackberry plans?

2) With either of those plans, do they follow the same rules as your airtime use? IE, free nights and weekends, checking email or surfing the web at noon on a tuesday sucks up from your talk time as well?

3) How easy/helpful are the calendar/planning functions on the Curve vs. Pearl? Are there any tutorials/videos out there that highlight these functions? Is it possible to get along with whatever apps are built into the phones, or do you need to go buy 3rd party software to get the most out of those functions?

My fiancee has actually jumped on the BB idea as well, we've spent the last 2 hours poring over various phones and trying to figure out which one we want, and she's leaning 70/30 towards getting a Curve. So you might be able to convince 2 people with one post!
    The email and web for BlackBerry is for BIS users who do not need to be connected to a BES. If you are using the devices for personal use you would go with the email and web for BlackBerry.

You can use the Internet and email on the device anytime you want to, you pay a flat fee every month for that. Since its a separate data plan is does not use any airtime.

The calendar on the BlackBerry is very easy to use and of course if you want more features you can look into third party apps.
    08-13-08 03:45 AM
    With Verizon you should also add an unlimited text plan also. I believe it is $10/month on top of the BB plan.
    08-13-08 06:36 AM
    My unlimited text isnt 10 dollars, its 20 and I have the 30 dollar data plan.
    08-13-08 07:26 AM
    I thought about jumping ship to Verizon since they will be getting the Thunder before Sprint if Sprint ever gets it. But I didn't see a package on Verizon that compares to Sprints $69 SEP.
    08-13-08 07:40 AM
    I thought about jumping ship to Verizon since they will be getting the Thunder before Sprint if Sprint ever gets it. But I didn't see a package on Verizon that compares to Sprints $69 SEP.
    True but the coverage is better not to mention a far better customer service. To me alone that's worth the swap. The price isn't that much more anyway, just go out to eat one less time a month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 07:59 AM
    I think you should both go with Curves. The full keyboard is really easy to use. You get a bigger screen too. I was considering getting a Pearl. I soon as I played with the two I liked the Curve more.
    The BlackBerry Calender is very easy to use. I just type my events into the calender.
    I don't use any third party apps. I have no need. I think the BlackBerry has everything you will need right on it.
    Hope I was of help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 09:42 AM
    This is yet another situation where you get what you pay for. Sprint's coverage nationwide is spotty at best, and the customer service is horrendous. I would much rather pay $139 a month for Verizon and have the best coverage and customer support out there, than save money and constantly wonder if I am going to have a signal in my office.
    08-13-08 09:48 AM
    This is yet another situation where you get what you pay for. Sprint's coverage nationwide is spotty at best, and the customer service is horrendous. I would much rather pay $139 a month for Verizon and have the best coverage and customer support out there, than save money and constantly wonder if I am going to have a signal in my office.
    I have to agree. Though I am paying more than I ever have for cellphone service, the old saying of you get what you pay for is true with cellular, at least from my experiences.
    08-13-08 10:42 AM
    I have to agree. Though I am paying more than I ever have for cellphone service, the old saying of you get what you pay for is true with cellular, at least from my experiences.
    So true! I just wish I could convince all my customers of that saying. Sprint lost another 900k customers last quarter. At this pace they will lose 3.6 million by the end of the year! That is insane! I can see it now, Verizon to buy Sprint, adds over 20 million more customers. Plus with the Alltel and Rural Cellular aquasition that would put them over 100 million. At&t runs and hides..
    08-13-08 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the input yall. I just forwarded the thread to her so we should both be getting the info we needed. One last thing -- should we want to use the phone as a modem to connect a laptop to the internet, is that included on the email and web plan, or would we need to sign up for that national broadband connect plan as well?
    08-13-08 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the input yall. I just forwarded the thread to her so we should both be getting the info we needed. One last thing -- should we want to use the phone as a modem to connect a laptop to the internet, is that included on the email and web plan, or would we need to sign up for that national broadband connect plan as well?
    you would need to sign up for the broadband access connect which is 15$ on top of the data plan
    08-13-08 12:07 PM
    I'm sure that's all true but anytime I've called customer service they've taken care of my problem. As far as coverage I'm rarely out of the Michigan, Indiana, Ohio or Illinois area and always seem to have a good signal. Actually the only place it's spotty for me is the backwoods in the upper peninsula. I certainly wouldn't pay $139 for the service I get for $69. The deal for me is Verizon getting the better phones.
    08-13-08 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD