Hi,
    I am totally new to the whole blackberry world, i have previously owned nothing but Sony Ericsson's i.e. m600i.

I just recently bought a 8310 off a co worker, I had it unlocked and now am using it on t-mobile. Well i was worried about having to get the 24.99data plan, since i still have the 5.99 tzones plan on my account.

As of right now T-zones works with my BB i am worried about updating to 4.5 since currently i am running the bb on 4.2. Does anyone know if i update will it totally screw me over with using tzones.

I should add. I only use tzones for my gmail and browsing like espn and what not. I have no need for the full cap of the data plan.
    09-15-09 11:48 PM
    If you don't have a Blackberry plan doing a wipe like that, where the service books are pushed again, will cause things like your browser, BBM, BB Maps and things to that nature to dissapear if you happen to see them now.

This is because once your phone talks to RIM again after the update and tries to get it's service books it wont find an account for you.
    09-15-09 11:49 PM
    If you don't have a Blackberry plan doing a wipe like that, where the service books are pushed again, will cause things like your browser, BBM, BB Maps and things to that nature to dissapear if you happen to see them now.

This is because once your phone talks to RIM again after the update and tries to get it's service books it wont find an account for you.
    To be honest i was surprised to even find out that tzones worked with my BB, Seriously all i did was unlock the phone, put my sim in and about a hour later tzones worked. Is this a huge fluke?
    09-15-09 11:52 PM
    Upgrading your BB with the sim card removed might work. I'm not 100% sure that you won't lose your current capabilities with TZones using 4.2 though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD