My right side key is messed up. It pushed down twice...but it only actually engages the action it is assigned to on the second push.

Heres what I mean...you know how with cameras you push down the button half way to focus, then you finish pressing it to take the picture? Thats why my side button is doing...I push it half way, nothing happens and then I have to push it fully to enter my messages.

Now, I have a cooked blackberry pearl 8100. I was wondering maybe I could take out the side button from that phone and put it into this one? How would I go about this "surgery"?

Thanks guys!
    08-24-09 02:29 AM
    Maybe it needs the extra push on purpose. I think that happens that ways so you don't just spout off pics by bumping te button on accident.

Don't do surgery unless you have no choice.

Insurance? Warranty? How long have you had the phone?
    08-24-09 02:32 AM
    Maybe it needs the extra push on purpose. I think that happens that ways so you don't just spout off pics by bumping te button on accident.

Don't do surgery unless you have no choice.

Insurance? Warranty? How long have you had the phone?
    Well thing is...my dads pearl pushes nicely and firmly, same with his 8320 curve. I LOVE the way his curve feels.

Insurance and warranty are a no go. I bought the phone brand new from a friend who got it from TMobile as a replacement after his got stolen.
    08-24-09 02:39 AM
    Brand new? Could it have been a refurb?
    08-24-09 02:43 AM
    Brand new? Could it have been a refurb?
    Not really sure...I bought it for only 200 dollars so it was a steal never the less.

But still, any clues on how to fix this issue? Its bothering me so much! I also put on the BB black rubberized skin on my phone...and for some reason BB decided to leave this skin model covering the side keys unlike the previous skins they made(for the Curve and Pearl)

And guess what...the right side of the skin is a little loose so now its like pushing the button 3 times(One to get the skin touching the button, then the other 2 pushed to push the button)

I know I know, one swift hard push and it would be fine...but I'm a really picky person sadly.
    08-24-09 02:48 AM
    LOL that's by design. The right hand key is normally assigned to the camera. The first 'half click' operates the focus, then the full click takes the picture, try it you'll get what I mean. Btw, you can use the enter button to snap a pic too, and that tends to keep the camera the most steady IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 05:07 AM
    You are still under manufacture warranty. Call Tmobile they send another one. Even if you didn't purchase thru them.

08-24-09 05:44 AM
    There is nothing wrong with it, as exzibit said.

That's the ways it is supposed to be, so you can try and get it replaced as much as you want, they will all be the same! Its just like a camera where the first stage of the button focuses.

08-24-09 05:49 AM
    Wow guys thanks haha. I was actually looking for this topic to post back that I figured out that my explanation about the camera was actually because...it was for the camera.

I never take my pictures like that though, I just push the middle button. Darn...so I guess Ill keep that button to stay on camera...since its annoying the **** out of me when I have to access my messages.
    08-24-09 01:29 PM
    That's the autofocus feature. Halfway to focus, full press for snapshot. You could always just press the whole button down and it will focus and take the picture for you.
    08-24-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD