I tried to find some answers from the thread above but didnt find.

So, my current os is 4.6.1.199, i want to upgrade to 5.0.0.592 from Wind Hellas.

Someone can tell me if there is better battery life and memory free on the 5.0.0.592 in compraison to the 4.6.1.199?
    05-12-10 06:27 AM
    I can say that the battery's life has improved after upgrading to .592 and also the free memory

I would recommend the upgrade your BB will look better and perform faster

Any help required, I will be more than happy to answer >> upgraded 6 curves and all are working perfectly

Guide:

After downloading the .exe file . . install it on your PC

Now follow this Guide

1. Delete the Vendor.xml file if it's not your Carrier's Release , go to -> (C:, program files, Common files, Research in motion, app loader, Delete the Vendor.xml file)
    2.Preferably using the new DM ( Desktop Manager ) Backup your BB.. link -> BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    3.Connect your BB and Backup its memory ( from now on disconnect your PC from the Internet and disable data on phone)
    4.Close the DM
    5.Download and install in your PC an application called CrackMem
    6.Run CrackMem and then choose the OS you've installed earlier
    7. Click on Wipe Device . . it will ask you to write BrickMyPhone -> write it
    8. Follow the installation instructions afterwards and you'll be Fine
    9. After that you might need to update your BBM and you might need to delete your wi-fi and set it up again

WARNING: Do this at your own risk. I am not responsible for any problems that may occur as a result of following this guide. Your 3rd party applications might be removed after the OS installation.

>> Some would prefer the use of the Loader.exe for the installation part ( which is located in the same file as the Vendor.xtml ) But I know some who had problems afterwards. So DO Use the CrackMem application and you'll be fine

Take Care and Enjoy your new OS
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 05-12-10 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added installation guide
    05-12-10 07:51 AM
    So,
    my last carrier os is the 4.6.1.199 and i want to save it on my pc just for a case ill have to use my waranty. is it matter if it 4.6.1.199 from other carrier?
    some how i can lose my waranty cause upgraded for newer os than what my carrier offered/downgraded to the old os from another carrier?
    05-12-10 08:19 AM
    hi Ahmed..

where can i find this Crack Mem app??

I am also a 8900 newbie (2days old BB), and i wanna update my OS also.

I wanna follow your procedure in installing.... thanks =)
    06-13-10 07:14 AM
    CrackMem download link can be found in my signature.

Best of Luck

Edit:
    Using CrackMem > Download and installl it on your PC and then run it. On its main window, select the OS which you've installed and want to upgrade to. Then, click on wipe device and write '' BrickMyPhone ''.
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 06-13-10 at 07:51 AM.
    06-13-10 07:37 AM
    yey! i did it! i installed .681 smoothly.

i have been reading the forums for procedures, and as a newbie, i must say the guide above was the easiest to follow..

cheers Ahmed!! =))
    06-14-10 04:42 AM
    yey! i did it! i installed .681 smoothly.

i have been reading the forums for procedures, and as a newbie, i must say the guide above was the easiest to follow..

cheers Ahmed!! =))
    always a pleasure mate .. Enjoy
    06-14-10 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD