I love my Curve, but I agree - there's a lot of newer technology that's making it feel a bit older. Personally, I get tired of seeing that little hourglass come up quite often, and I'm running 35 Mb free usually.

But, I'll always keep it around. Mostly because if I have any problems with a newer phone, I'll always keep this one as my back-up. Just remember - there's already newer technology available for a little more ($150 for the best). In 1 year, when you're available to upgrade, or in 2 years, when you're eligible for NE2, what will the technology be like then? Wow, then you're REALLY gonna start to feel the pinch.

That's the biggest reason why I don't understand people getting the Curve as their newest phone. It's going to be ancient by the time they're able to get a new device.
    08-17-09 08:34 PM
    I agree. I'm in love with my bb curve 8320. I also have an 8900, but I must admit that sometimes I do (like 2day) just switch devices (love the classic curve). Guess its because it was my first love 8320 couldn't leave it hanging

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 08:44 PM
    Just got my unlocked 8320 last week and I'm loving it. It's my first Berry and I did my research. I wanted a phone that had been out a while so all the problems are known. This will work great until that wifi Tour shows up and all the kinks are worked out of it.
    08-17-09 09:03 PM
    You know if you can get a huybrid OS, the Curve will be a little faster, and you can always buy an 8gig card. With that in mind, why get a Tour now. Christmas season is coming and I am sure RIM will put a couple models out there and the Spring shoud see some as well. Stickin with the Curve for awhile until I can't take the lower grade technology any more

08-17-09 09:16 PM
    8330 owners here (wife and I). Even tho these are our first smartphones, our curves just work w/o the headaches of other models.

08-17-09 09:55 PM
    I switched to my Curve from a Pearl.. love it!
    08-17-09 10:28 PM
    I miss the my bb curve. this stupid bjII has me upset.
    08-17-09 10:29 PM
    I am a new curve owner as well and I'm glad I decided to go with it. I love it so much!!! I can't believe all that this phone does very satisfied

08-17-09 10:36 PM
    I had a piece of crap t mobile dash, didnt know why everyone was so up on BB. My dash was giving me all kinds of probs I finally switched to a curve 8900. BEST PHONE I have ever had. wish i switched years ago my wife wants an i phone and i am trying hard to convince her that BB is the way to go!!
    08-17-09 10:45 PM
    You know if you can get a huybrid OS, the Curve will be a little faster, and you can always buy an 8gig card. With that in mind, why get a Tour now. Christmas season is coming and I am sure RIM will put a couple models out there and the Spring shoud see some as well. Stickin with the Curve for awhile until I can't take the lower grade technology any more

Since you are with Sprint I wonder what hybrid you have had luck with?

Thanks
    Diane
    08-18-09 12:54 AM
    I know I love my Curve 8330 and I plan on staying with BlackBerry devices I have tried others and not had good luck. This is my second Berry I have a 8130 Pearl and had great results with it, which started my whole addiction to these devices. My next one will be the Tour but I am going to wait til it has been out for a bit.
    I really love my Curve too!!!
    08-18-09 03:16 AM
    I made a lot of mistakes and bricked my berry, but I finally got the hybrid 4.6/5.0 which seems to work better for Sprint than verizon.

08-18-09 10:09 PM
    I agree that the Curve is a very reliable device, but on the other hand, the extra memory, 3G speed, keyboard and screen on the Tour crushes the Curve...
    memory you can always add if you mean memory card? i have 3G speed and im happy with the screen
    08-18-09 11:22 PM
    I fought against getting a Blackberry Curve. I loved my Palm based phones for the last 7 years. I can't seem to put this Curve 8330 down. Will never be without a Curve again.

08-18-09 11:56 PM
    Like I've said many times, I love the Curve, gets the job done, no doubt...

08-19-09 12:02 AM
    The 8330 is a hard device to put down it goes everywhere with me
    and I love using it. I am really glad I got this device.
    08-19-09 12:30 AM
    I've had an 8130 Pearl for the last year, started with a Mogul, dumped that quick, got 'stuck' with a Pearl as Sprint didn't have any Curves for over a month.

Learned to love SureType. I can type much faster on my Pearl, with fewer errrors then I can on my new 8330 Curve.

The memory limits of my Pearl was driving me nutz, looked at the Pre, decided on the Tour, just couldn't get the afford it right now.

I would have gone for a Curve Flip but Sprint likes **** dialing, and won't offer the Flip.

So, I got a free 8330 Curve, updated to the Hybrid OS, installed a nice Precision Theme, and I'm rocking.

Ought to last until next year when I get another $150 upgrade credit.

Rumor is the 8330 will get the 5.0 OS too.

Heck, it may last two years, with all my apps loaded, I still have 30 Megs free.

Paul
    08-19-09 12:46 AM
    Bought my 1st ever smart phone last night @ Best Buy. A shiny red BB Curve 8330. Wanted an orange one, but they don't supply it in their store. Probably going to get an orange protector.
    08-19-09 12:48 AM
    I had a peal and hated the trackall getting stuck all of the time and it ruined bb's for me so I went to the Instinct which sucked so badly. I decided to give bb another try and bought the 8330 curve and I'm not switching anytime soon. I love this phone. I can upgrade to a tour right now but I can't give up the curve.

08-19-09 01:44 AM
    I know the feeling I started with a Pearl then got a HTC Touch Pro and that was a big mistake and now I have the Curve I will not stray from BlackBerry again. I love my Curve it serves me well but will be looking into a Tour in time.
    08-19-09 01:48 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD