I have the curve from Verizon. I got the VZ navigator, and so far it works great. My dilemma is why should I pay 10.00 a month for that service when there are free ones out there. Google Maps finds it but it's 3900 meters away.
    Live search cannot find the GPS. I feel certain the others will work but it seems as though the navigator has a lock on any other. Am I imagining this, or is there a way around this?
    Thanks
    Marty
    08-09-09 05:52 AM
    Whay phone are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 06:24 AM
    Good question ClintRo... since the 8900 does not work on Verizon's network... one is CDMA and the other is GSM.

There are not too many Verizon users on the 8900 forum, unless they changed networks and left Verizon.

My GPS is very accurate... even within 3 feet inside my house.
    08-09-09 09:15 AM
    Yeah my google maps zooms in instantly... Well withing 6 or so seconds.

But google doesn't provide turn by turn....the only software that does is the amAze GPS software and it works in a pinch but it is not what you would call top of the line GPS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 09:46 AM
    The Curve 8330
    08-15-09 06:21 AM
    The Curve 8330
    The GPS on the Curve 8330 is locked. You get 2 options: BB Maps, with a map, directions, and "turn when you get to this street" as well as a map that doesn't automatically update if you turn too soon, too late, or simply go the wrong way (my bad! for 8 -10 miles).

Or VZNavigator. Your choice, really. Try BB Maps for a few days. If it works for you, awesome! If not... and you -really- need Navigator capabilities... then yep, $10 is worth it .

And please, update your profile. An 8330 =/= 8900. 8900 is GSM only. 8330 is CDMA only. They're not exactly... friendly.
    08-15-09 06:24 AM
    Well I'm convinced now, by downloading other Gps Apps I really want, such as a golf range finder. Has anyone challenged Verizon to unlock the GPS?
    08-31-09 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD