So i had my profile set to "off" earlier while i was on the throne at work. I was under the impression that this would disable all sound, including when i try to watch a video on my 8330. I was wrong. I opened up a vid of a FMX event i captured this weekend and it started blaring as loud as could be. Kinda pissed me off. The mute button at the top didnt seem to do much either.

How can i disable ALL sound when i need to? Even media player and/or messages with voice memos or whatever.

Thanks in advance
    Ryan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 01:11 PM
    So i had my profile set to "off" earlier while i was on the throne at work.
    Didn't really need to know that
    I was under the impression that this would disable all sound, including when i try to watch a video on my 8330. I was wrong. I opened up a vid of a FMX event i captured this weekend and it started blaring as loud as could be. Kinda pissed me off. The mute button at the top didnt seem to do much either.

How can i disable ALL sound when i need to? Even media player and/or messages with voice memos or whatever.
    Silent as you know only sets the phone alerts to well silent.
    What I have found, there may be a better way, is that media player will
    start using the last volume setting you played it at. I usually drop the volume
    before closing, and adjusting it up the next time I open.

Again there may be a better, simpler or faster way.
    06-16-08 01:47 PM
    Didn't really need to know that

Silent as you know only sets the phone alerts to well silent.
    What I have found, there may be a better way, is that media player will
    start using the last volume setting you played it at. I usually drop the volume
    before closing, and adjusting it up the next time I open.

Again there may be a better, simpler or faster way.
    lol, sorry i was just expressing my pain

Ok, I'll try that tip. I really wish when you set the profile to "off" that there would be NO SOUND come out of that speaker!
    06-16-08 04:03 PM
    lol, sorry i was just expressing my pain

Ok, I'll try that tip. I really wish when you set the profile to "off" that there would be NO SOUND come out of that speaker!
    If you ever find a way please share, I'm sure it'll come in handy.

And my first comment was in jest
    06-16-08 04:05 PM
    I know

I sure will.. thread is still open for any SUPERUSERS to comment
    06-16-08 04:09 PM
    There is not an easier way than amazingly's advice, that I know of. All the profiles control is the actual alerts. Seeing as Berries are like little mini computers, this makes sense. A normal cell phone will shut off all sounds. Whereas a Blackberry only does what the function is meant for, and that is silencing the ringing of the phone. Trust me.. I had a bad experience with "Tricky" by Run DMC in the middle of a meeting once........
    06-16-08 04:20 PM
    There is not an easier way than amazingly's advice, that I know of. All the profiles control is the actual alerts. Seeing as Berries are like little mini computers, this makes sense. A normal cell phone will shut off all sounds. Whereas a Blackberry only does what the function is meant for, and that is silencing the ringing of the phone. Trust me.. I had a bad experience with "Tricky" by Run DMC in the middle of a meeting once........
    Ok, well I'll just have to do that then..

I feel you on the surprising BLAST from your media player
    06-16-08 04:24 PM
    Too funny jenay.
    Mine was driving to lunch with our bank reps when
    out of my pocket comes, at full volume:

It's peanut butta jelly time
    06-16-08 04:26 PM
    Because of the sound issue it is fun to send MMS messages with sound. They automaticly play when opened. Fun to spring on co-workers and friends.
    06-16-08 04:32 PM
    Too funny jenay.
    Mine was driving to lunch with our bank reps when
    out of my pocket comes, at full volume:

It's peanut butta jelly time
    Hahaha... That made me laugh.

Every time I hear that, I just picture Brian in that banana costume..... priceless.
    06-16-08 04:42 PM
    Hahaha... That made me laugh.

Every time I hear that, I just picture Brian in that banana costume..... priceless.
    hahah!!! i love it! FG is the shizznit!

06-16-08 05:15 PM
    I can sympathize - I have as a ringtone the music from 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure' where the machinery is making him breakfast...(DA! DA! DA! DA! DA-DA-DA-DA-DA) which went a-blarin' during church yesterday. So much for knowing what I'm doing on my Berry!!!
    06-16-08 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD