hi everyone
    this is my first post here and im sorry to say that its not a happy one
    so ive only had my telus 8330 curve for a few weeks now and i love it
    but today at work (my phone was in my pocket the whole time) i noticed that the screen was off and i thought it had turned off in my pocket which wasnt possible because my battery was charged
    so long story short i realize none of the buttons are working
    but after several times of taking the battery out and rebooting it
    the buttons start to work again
    except the application , 2, 5, I, K buttons when hit register as 25 or ed depending on the situation (a phonecall or text)

any help with this situation would be very welcome!
    09-27-08 11:10 PM
    I would take it back, sounds like a defective phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 11:23 PM
    Has the phone gotten wet? Those keypad symptoms sound like a wet or dirty keypad. You might try blowing it out with compressed air.
    09-27-08 11:34 PM
    I too have a Curve 8330... new to the forums as well... have never dropped or mistreated this phone ever.... was working great one second... keyboard stopped the next... tried the battery... tried everything... had a fully charged battery...

I did a quick google and in response to the guy above about blowing out the phone with compressed air... not a good idea... phone is sealed...

There are 100s of people with the same problem. There is also a nice article about the fact that Blackberry knows about the problem... there is a "cold solder" joint somewhere in the device and once is goes... no more keyboard... nothing will fix it either...

Return your device to your carrier and they should replace it... with or without insurance... mine did (Verizon).... and even worse... they were like "great... another dang screwed up curve" like they've been dealing with this type of problem on a daily basis.

Fact is that Blackberry should be notifying people of this because it's not a matter of "IF" it is a matter of "WHEN" this will happen. Mine is 2 months old... good thing the backup function still works!

-Andy
    09-28-08 05:14 PM
    ...in response to the guy above about blowing out the phone with compressed air... not a good idea... phone is sealed...
    My suggestion was to blow out the spaces under the keys, not the phone itself. On an 8830, there is plenty of room for small bits of trash to get under the keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 05:24 PM
    (Verizon).... and even worse... they were like "great... another dang screwed up curve" like they've been dealing with this type of problem on a daily basis.
    What a great customer culture they demonstrate - lesson: if you are going to b***h about the product you sell do it in the back room so the customer doesn't hear it. Or the sales rep just doesn't like selling Blackberry phones and this will assist in that!
    09-28-08 05:29 PM
    so my phone works perfectly fine now....should i still be worried and get it exchanged?
    09-30-08 05:15 PM
    I havent had that problem either. I was gonna say maybe you had it in standby mode but I guess not.
    09-30-08 06:15 PM
    so my phone works perfectly fine now....should i still be worried and get it exchanged?
    I'm wondering if you got my last curve.........
    I got it as a replacement about a month ago and after a few minutes of getting it I realized that some of the keys would work about 9 out of 10 times. I think the ones that were more of a problem were on the top row. But sometimes everything would be fine, was really annoying!!
    Also on that one, the keyboard seemed a bit "loose"
    Anyways, got it replaced, and the one I have is great!
    10-01-08 12:04 AM
    I too have a Curve 8330... new to the forums as well... have never dropped or mistreated this phone ever.... was working great one second... keyboard stopped the next... tried the battery... tried everything... had a fully charged battery...

I did a quick google and in response to the guy above about blowing out the phone with compressed air... not a good idea... phone is sealed...

There are 100s of people with the same problem. There is also a nice article about the fact that Blackberry knows about the problem... there is a "cold solder" joint somewhere in the device and once is goes... no more keyboard... nothing will fix it either...

Return your device to your carrier and they should replace it... with or without insurance... mine did (Verizon).... and even worse... they were like "great... another dang screwed up curve" like they've been dealing with this type of problem on a daily basis.

Fact is that Blackberry should be notifying people of this because it's not a matter of "IF" it is a matter of "WHEN" this will happen. Mine is 2 months old... good thing the backup function still works!

-Andy
    I had the same exact prroblem with my phone yesterday. Since I bought it on ebay and not Sprint, Sprint refused to replace the w/o me paying $55 for swapping it out. The phone was less than a week old.
    10-01-08 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD