The trackball on my blackberry has been annoying. What it does is whenever i try to click something it dosen't go to it it takes me a couple of clicks to actually get it to work .. and also sometimes when i click on it 3 times in a row its like a delayed reaction whenever im texting... how can i fix this problem i already tried a battery pull but did not work
    09-01-09 01:09 AM
    Try cleaning it, if that doesn't work...could be time for a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 01:26 AM
    Try cleaning it, if that doesn't work...could be time for a new one.

this is actually a replacement from my insurance company since my other one got stolen... I have already heard stories how they have sent people ones that sometimes may not even work, but i got one that was right out the box and it looked new
    09-01-09 01:29 AM
    Try cleaning it with alcohol... Mine did this and that fixed it

09-01-09 01:35 AM
    any other suggestions?
    09-01-09 04:47 PM
    I took my and held it up in front of my face about 6 inches and gathered my spit and spit at the trackball and wiped it clean with a clean microfiber towel and it worked wonders, try it!!!
    09-01-09 05:16 PM
    alcohol and spit? are these serious answers?
    09-01-09 05:20 PM
    alcohol and spit? are these serious answers?
    Alcohol does work, the spit I think was a sarcastic remark.

Though the phone looked new, it might have been a refurb. Or you can change the sensitivity settings on the phone. Usually alcohol works for me whenever my trackball gets stuck.
    09-01-09 05:29 PM
    Alcohol does work, the spit I think was a sarcastic remark.

Though the phone looked new, it might have been a refurb. Or you can change the sensitivity settings on the phone. Usually alcohol works for me whenever my trackball gets stuck.
    yeah thats what i was thinking about the refurb.. do you rub the alcohol right on the trackball or inside
    09-01-09 05:36 PM
    yeah thats what i was thinking about the refurb.. do you rub the alcohol right on the trackball or inside
    I actually have a lil spray bottle, so i spray it directly on the trackball and then on the rest of the phone. It dries immediately and it doesnt damage the phone so its the best tool to use in cleaning your phone. Im sure you can rub it right on the trackball , that should work also.
    09-01-09 05:39 PM
    I actually have a lil spray bottle, so i spray it directly on the trackball and then on the rest of the phone. It dries immediately and it doesnt damage the phone so its the best tool to use in cleaning your phone. Im sure you can rub it right on the trackball , that should work also.
    yeah i only have alcohol swab so i can only rub it
    09-01-09 05:40 PM
    yeah i only have alcohol swab so i can only rub it
    yep, do it and take it from there. if not then do a warranty exchange.

One of the exchanges I did. Right out of the box the phone rebooted about 5 times. so they sent me another replacement next day.
    09-01-09 05:53 PM
    where can i find the settings for trackball clicking sensitivity... i found the horizontal/vertical sensitivity but not for the trackball clicker
    09-01-09 06:15 PM
    yep, do it and take it from there. if not then do a warranty exchange.

One of the exchanges I did. Right out of the box the phone rebooted about 5 times. so they sent me another replacement next day.
    yeah i just rubbed the alcohol on it it worked for a second but after a couple of minutes it still taking 3 try to actually get it to click
    09-01-09 06:20 PM
    do a batt pull, putt some good strong rubbing alc on you micro fiber towl, while cleaning you ball push in real hard on the ball and work it, do this for a couple of minutes. let dry, for about 2 minutes and put batt back in..it should work, at least it did for mine...
    09-01-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD