Hello guys/girls, I have a problem with trackball. It is moving to all directions (up,down,left,right), but my "click" function is not working good. Sometimes it is ok and sometimes nope? What can I do? Is there any idea how can i fix it?

Thx for fast reply
    08-03-09 02:32 AM
    If your device is less than 12 months old, which it most certainly is (8520), then take it in for a new one or replacement.
    08-03-09 02:36 AM
    I have never had any problems with my trackball like that. It sometimes sticks but usually it sorts itself out after 5 mins.

As for the clicking, my best bet would be to if you have insurance for it or its still under warrenty, send it away to get fixed.

If you don't have insurance,buy a replacement trackerball and change it yourself. You could also give the insides a clean too. There are vids up on you tube that will show you how to strip down your BB and do this.

I don't know how confident you feel about doing this. . Doing this yourself will void your warrenty and you could totally **** it up so only do this if you are sure you can manage this.

I hope this helps.
    08-03-09 02:39 AM
    Sorry, miss click in profile, I have 8320 Curve
    I am afraid about replacement, cause I have newer OS in phone.
    When i got the phone, it didn�t have a camera. With new OS i can make videos.
    Phone is older then 12 months.

So, i dont have warrenty and soon i will buy a new BB phone, I wanna try it to clean alone, but where i can find a screw driver for BB? I can�t open it
    Last edited by Ithuriel; 08-03-09 at 02:48 AM.
    08-03-09 02:45 AM
    You can take it to a repair store and they can fix it for you free of charge. I know with Sprint, it does not matter if you have insurance or not if you bring it in.
    08-03-09 02:48 AM
    If you are looking for a screw driver it is gonna be a torx head driver. 4 or 5 I think but not exactly sure. Check local hardware shops for them.
    08-03-09 02:49 AM
    Ok, I will try, maybe they can fix it. Thx to all for your replys.
    08-03-09 02:50 AM
    Actually it is a T5 screwdriver for the top screws in the back, and T6 for the bottom screws for the keyboard area.
    08-03-09 02:53 AM
    Ok, I will go now to shop and then to work, i will try it to clean.
    08-03-09 04:51 AM
    Actually it is a T5 screwdriver for the top screws in the back, and T6 for the bottom screws for the keyboard area.
    Ah I was close.

I got 1 right.
    08-03-09 05:03 AM
    There is a vid on youtube for fixing the "clicker"...but it's an involved process, not like just cleaning the ball. It's definately not a project for the faint of heart or those with poor eyesight and/or jittery hands.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD