yesterday, i had my phone outside with me while i was swimming. my phone didn't get wet at all and was never in the sun, and was covered by a towel. however, when i went to go pick it up, it was in the process of restarting. when it finally got to the tmobile screen, it vibrated, then turned off and restarted again. it's been doing this nonstop. i've tried taking the battery out, plugging the phone in, then putting the battery in. keeping it on the charger while it restarts. letting it die completely from it restarting so much. and leaving the battery out for a few hours before putting it back in. however, none of it has helped.

i've looked at other forums and help sites, but it all says it has to do with a new os. i haven't downloaded anything on to my blackberry in months. i've seen things about using desktop manager, but my computer is broken right now, too. :/ for awhile, my memory card kept saying that it had an error and needed to fix it on desktop manager, but again, i haven't been able to use my computer. help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 02:01 PM
    This is a tough one !

I think it is an OS issue. Perhaps the one currenty installed has a bug or something.

Which OS is currently installed? Go To > options then about ( the version is the third line from the top )
    05-30-10 02:49 PM
    It sounds like it got wet without your knowledge. Were there other people around who could've gotten it wet by accident, maybe without even realizing it?
    05-30-10 02:53 PM
    when my phone restarted nonstop.
    the fix that made it stop was..
    -wipe the phone
    -reinstall the os
    05-30-10 03:53 PM
    when my phone restarted nonstop.
    the fix that made it stop was..
    -wipe the phone
    -reinstall the os
    If it ever happened to me, I would reinstall the OS after wiping the phone.

Keeping in mind the cause is not moisture though
    05-30-10 03:57 PM
    If it ever happened to me, I would reinstall the OS after wiping the phone.

Keeping in mind the cause is not moisture though
    to check if moisture got in. there's two water stickers on the 8900
    1. underneath the battery
    2. aim a flash light into the 3.5 mm mic port.
    05-30-10 04:03 PM
    well, my phone has now turned on. i tried putting in the battery one more time and it turned on! i'm not sure what the deal is.

however, my current OS is v4.6.1.114 (platform 4.2.0.76)

how do you tell if the moisture bar is affected? there's a red line through the middle, but it's always been there. (?)

any tips for making sure this doesn't happen again? thanks for all the help so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 05:52 PM

how do you tell if the moisture bar is affected? there's a red line through the middle, but it's always been there. (?)

any tips for making sure this doesn't happen again? thanks for all the help so far.
    Red line on the Battery sticker is normal. If it turned all pink/red that means that it has gotten wet.

Regarding making sure it doesn't happen again, don't take it with you next time when swimming. Perhaps that what caused it to act that way
    05-30-10 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD