Okay I have had my blackberry curve 8310 for about 3 months and love it, I'm with AT&T not like that helps but still. Well the wall charger has worked fine for me since the day I bought it and the other day I was on a 3 day road trip back home and was forced to use my car charger to keep it running. I think theren lies the problem.

When I got home I plugged my BB into the wall charger and initially it looked like it was charging. Come back 2 hours later to find the three pronged symbol gone so I figured it was done charging. WRONG! It was still at 70%. I figured it wasn't tight in the jack and so I tried multiple outlets and still it says 70% and wont charge anymore it says its trying for like a second or two then it goes away and nothing (the symbol that is). I plugged it back into my car charger and it works flawless, WTF? I even tried my Tmobile Razr charger and I get the same thing. The AT&T lady claims the prong in the middle is pushed back but looking at the charger prongs they are all in sync and they aren't all in a straight line anyway.

So my question is what do I do? AT&T says its not under warranty so the wont help me and told me to call RIM up but that dont help me at the moment since I need my phone for business reasons right now especially since I am waiting for a call. I wish I never used the car charger I don't get how it works and nothing else does. I am thinking there is a setting that I need to change to take off "only charge from car charger" or something since its showing it wants to but then stops. I say that because my razr had a similar option although I never used a car charger with it.

I am hoping someone out there can help or has had similar issues and fixed theres I am truly bummed out and if I can't fix it I wont be going back to BB again spent $200 with all the discounts and already paid nearly $500 to AT&T in the first 3 months only to get the shaft from them.

Help......please lol

*EDIT*

Yes I also have tried removing the battery, shutting it down and starting it up like a good boy multiple times
    Last edited by Bison; 02-17-09 at 02:59 PM.
    02-17-09 02:57 PM
    Anybody have an idea as to what I should do?
    02-17-09 07:19 PM
    Bison, i wish someone had answered you. i have an 8310, and have the same problem, it will charge in the car, but not on a wall charger. my boyfriend has a curve 8100, and the wall charger works fine for it. my 8310 wont work on the same one that his does, and mine is 3 days old!
    07-22-09 04:20 PM
    I have a similar problem with my 8330. I connected it once to my laptop and now it will not charge with the wall charger but works fine in the car or connected to the laptop.

Anybody got any help?
    08-11-09 07:36 PM
    UPDATE: Probably just a loose charger port on your BB. Just got mine fixed, took 10 mins, and was covered under warranty.Give your service provider a call!
    08-11-09 10:17 PM
    The charging port IS covered under warrenty. When I was with att my perl was doing the same thing. Called them up and had a replacement the next day. Then had to get it exchanged 2 more times, but that's another story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:24 AM
    you can get a bb dock for under 10.00 and charge it that way.

The service rep mentioned a pin may be pushed in not bent. Do you have a pin that does not stick out as far as the others??
    08-13-09 12:36 AM
    Sounds like a bad charger port. I just use a desktop charger, I have the same problem.
    08-13-09 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD