About a week ago, i finally set up a password on my BB. It has worked perfectly. Then today i connected my BB to my DM (ver 4.6). The DM asked me to enter the password. When I did that it didn't recognize the password. I did this 3 or 4 time then after 4 attempts, i unpluged my blackberry from the computer. I subsequently entered my password on my BB and unlocked it. I then had to disable the password feature to get my BB to work with my DM. Does anyone know why my DM wouldn't recognize my password? Thaks
    10-05-08 02:21 PM
    Remember that unless you are holding the ALT key your password is letters and not numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 03:45 PM
    My first day of having this, I had the same issue. Used my PW at work 20-30x no problem. Immediately when I connected my BB to my PC to DM I ran into the same exact issue.

Lucky you were able to get into your phone when disconnecting because when I did that, the phone didn't even accept my PW that had worked all day. And what was weird is that the characters in the PW field were actually displaying when I typed them in. So I went the 10 of 10 attempts and it wiped out my phone and I had to start all over.

I never did get an answer as to why this happened, so now, unfortunately, I leave my PW off on the BB because I don't want to run into this again and loose everything.

Here was my thread about the issue I had FYI:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...se-help-78739/
    10-05-08 03:46 PM
    Thanks. I was using an all numeric password but without the ALT key. So when I transposed the password into letters it worked. Thanks

10-05-08 04:50 PM
    Thanks. I was using an all numeric password but without the ALT key. So when I transposed the password into letters it worked. Thanks

We read that often. When you entered the password, thinking it was numeric, did you think you had numlock turned on? Or did you just forget that you have to push the Alt key to get numbers? I'm not questioning your intelligence, but this happens so often that I wonder if there's a contributing factor.
    10-05-08 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD