I have a Curve and I plugged it in with the cable (headphone jack to aux input) to my car stereo. Problem is, the audio is HORRIBLE. The volume is extremely low (and yes, the volume on my curve is all the way up) and it only comes out of one side of my speakers in the car (right side). What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!
    04-10-09 01:06 PM
    Oh, and the cable is brand new, and I have made sure it's plugged in all the way to both jacks.
    04-10-09 01:14 PM
    Hi Shelley,

simple question first - make sure you have a stereo plug on the ends of your cable

and not a mono cable.

second, on my Curve I have to have the volume WAAAy up on both the Curve and the stereo. the output on the 8330 seems to be much lower than say on my Girlfriend's 8300.

also, i you already havnt, upgrade to .77 or higher and you can use the Equalizer function in the media player to squeeze either just a little more bass or a little more output.

lastly, there could be a connection issue either in the curve or in the car head unit. you might try making sure the pugs are all the way into both to ensure they are making contact.

let us know what you find

Hubb
    04-10-09 01:17 PM
    Possibly a bad cable. I had this happen with a cheap cable as well. It turned out the cable wasn't a stereo cable, so I only got sound out of one side. I bought a new cable, still less than ten bucks, and it worked perfectly.

The only other issue I have found is that I cannot have my Curve plugged in to the car charger while using the stereo cable. If I do I get a terrible whining sound in the background that makes it virtually impossible to listen too. So far, I have not found a solution to this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 01:21 PM
    yes, look at the cable ends..see the diff between the stereo and mono

04-10-09 01:33 PM
    I usually have to turn the volume up higher than normal on my stereo but other than that it sounds fine. I would guess that its your cable.
    04-10-09 01:41 PM
    Another possible problem is the jacks them selves. Even with the correct cable, if the plugs do seat in the jacks properly or the jacks are defective, you get the loss of one channel of sound. I've had music devices/headphones where you had to twist the connector just so to get stereo output.
    04-10-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD