Hey guys and gals,

Im a newly registered member here, and I have just had a fault with my 8900 Curve.

I replied to a test message, and once it had sent, put my phone down, when i then picked it back up about 5 minutes later, the screen was black. And i dont mean the colour black, the screen was actually turned off. The red LED indicator was flashing on the top right also.

I tried turnning it off/on by holding the "end call" button but nothing happened. So i pulled the battery out and then put it back in. It restared and did its normal 2 minute reboot with the "clockface" icon. Once it had rebooted properly, it vibrated like there was a new text message arrived, and the "unread SMS" icon appeared on the front screen. however when i go into the inbox, there is no unread messages.

it appears that the person i sent the text to, had replied but i havent had it.

when i got a new text from them, the icon on the homescreen shows the picture of a diagonal envelope for SMS messages, with the * on the corner of it symbolising "unread" and the number 2. Assuming this means there are 2 unread SMS messages.

When i go into thhe inbox and can see my list of previous message including the new one, but do NOT open the new message, then the symbol on the homescreen stays the same but without the *. I assume this is to indicate that there are 2 messages waiting to be opened, but that I have seen who threy are from in the inbox.

When I then open the unread message, the symbol on the home screen goes bback to the envelope with 1 next to it.... but with NO *

Apologies for the stupidly indepth explaination, but I am assuming that the phone believes there is an unread SMS in the inbox which I have seen, but not read. This is not the case lol

Has this been heard of before? and how would I go about removing it?

Many thanks for any help
    08-09-09 03:39 PM
    Yes. Its quite common. Google unread message blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:59 PM
    Go to messages and press the letter "u." That will bring up any unread messages. I've done that when I've had you same problem and it finds the unread messages I couldn't find. Sandra ")

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 04:30 PM
    Many thanks, the U worked brilliantly
    08-09-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD