I got an email today from Amazon.com declaring my most valuable possession on sale for a cent. The phone that I had to smooth talk customer service reps into sending to me 3 weeks before the the release date, paid $200 for, bragged to all my friends about, got into heated arguments about, been by my side for 6 months is being tossed around like a worthless wrench for a penny.

This is great news to those who were thinking about buying this phone but I feel kinda suckered out because I've held it at such a high pedestal! Is it just me or anyone else feels this way?! lol
    06-18-09 11:31 PM
    What in your mind or pants couldn't wait until it was released to the public.

In the long run no one cares it you get it early man.
    I means it's cool to hear that someone gets something.
    But that's only right at that moment.
    After that exact moment of news breaking everyone forgets.
    Or never cared.

I Don't know when the Curve came out but, I got mine on Memorial day and love it. I just find it annoying there isn't enough coverage of this thing on the net compaired to the Storm or Bold.

Rock Out.
    06-19-09 12:05 AM
    WHAT?!?!?!?! A freaking penny c'mon I can find that on the street. That sure is CRAZY....I had to tell T-mo that I was about to cancel my contract if they didn't give me new phone and they suckered into my little game bwa hahaha....I only had to pay 179. for mine.
    06-19-09 12:06 AM
    lol thats what Crackberry does to ya, makes you sell your soul to get the latest device ;-)
    Honestly, I don't mind the lack of coverage, makes me feel like I have an exclusive device... I guess, but at times makes me feel like I'm getting cut short...
    06-19-09 12:44 AM
    What in your mind or pants couldn't wait until it was released to the public.

In the long run no one cares it you get it early man.
    I means it's cool to hear that someone gets something.
    But that's only right at that moment.
    After that exact moment of news breaking everyone forgets.
    Or never cared.

I Don't know when the Curve came out but, I got mine on Memorial day and love it. I just find it annoying there isn't enough coverage of this thing on the net compaired to the Storm or Bold.

Rock Out.
    I agree, the Curve 8900 did not get as much publicity as the Storm/Bold. The Tour is getting more publicity and it hasn't even been released yet. I think the Curve 8900 is just as revolutionary and a significant upgrade that deserves a mentioning. (My $0.02)
    06-19-09 02:30 AM
    It must be sold with a 20 year contract.
    Calculate how much additional you are paying per month to your service provider vis-a vis if you had bought an unlocked device.
    06-19-09 02:32 AM
    I saw the Amazon deal and wondered if T-Mobile could match it. I printed out the info and took it into the store. They not only matched it but waved the $0.01 and gave me the 8900 for free with a 2 year contract. No extra fees, no odd charges. Just a free BB. Can't complain about that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by icochran; 06-19-09 at 03:12 AM.
    06-19-09 03:06 AM
    I also did the "2 weeks early" thing, as my contract was up soon at the time. I called, told the chick at T-Mobile that I wanted to renew and get the 8900, and she was like, "Well, you're lucky, as this phone doesn't come out for about 2 weeks! So you can be the envy of all your friends when you get it early!" I had the phone like 2 weeks before it was officially released, LOL!

I also paid more than you (I think ~$274), as I did only a 1-year contract instead of a 2-year, because I wanted the choice to be able to switch carriers or phones in a year instead of two.

I love this phone! Way more than I loved my 8320 Curve. Worth every penny... Now, my next phone will be something with 3G/3.5G/4G (whatever T-Mobile comes out with next year). Arm is coming out with the Cortex A9 dual-core processor next year -- I hope whatever I get will have that, too!

My ideal phone for next year would have:

- Support for 3g/3.5g/4g
    - WiFi and GPS
    - 512mb RAM
    - Dual-Core ARM A9 CPU
    - Screen size bigger than 2.44" (2.8 or so like the Bold, but keep the higher res ?)
    - Optical Trackpad
    - OS 5.0+
    - Nice loud speakerphone and ringers
    - Stronger vibrate
    - Paint that doesn't peel off...

That's all I can think of right now.
    Last edited by ShnikeJSB; 06-19-09 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Added linkk to my "got it early" post
    06-19-09 04:51 AM
    that sux...
    06-19-09 01:40 PM
    Hey, lucky you you didn't have to pay $699.99+tax like I was about to.
    But i fought with Rogers about it
    i ended up getting mine for 124+tax without a renewal... definately talked my way into it
    06-19-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD