I have read the forums and gathered a great deal of info about how to unlock my bb and have successfully unlocked my 8310.

I am traveling to europe next week and my girlfriend will be leaving a couple days after me. She is going to be traveling with friends and we will eventually meet up but we are both bringing phones to use with european sims that we will get there so we can keep in touch. I am going to use an old samsung blackjack and I am sending her with the bb.

I have read a bunch of forums (while trying to unlock the phone) and have seen certain instances where people have had problems after unlocking the phone and taking it overseas. I cannot find any of these (since unlocking) now that I have looked again through the forums and was wondering if anyone can help me identify any potential problems that will prohibit her from using the phone once she gets there. I want to make sure that any problems are addressed before I leave so she doesnt stress when she gets there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

ETA: she will only require sms and calling while she is there
    Last edited by oceanman19; 05-25-10 at 11:39 AM. Reason: ETA
    05-25-10 11:38 AM
    Radio probably.
    Some may not be able to lock to 3G speeds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 02:11 PM
    Radio probably.
    Some may not be able to lock to 3G speeds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The 8310 is not capable of 3G. The best it can get is EDGE.
    05-25-10 09:12 PM
    I have read the forums and gathered a great deal of info about how to unlock my bb and have successfully unlocked my 8310.

I am traveling to europe next week and my girlfriend will be leaving a couple days after me. She is going to be traveling with friends and we will eventually meet up but we are both bringing phones to use with european sims that we will get there so we can keep in touch. I am going to use an old samsung blackjack and I am sending her with the bb.

I have read a bunch of forums (while trying to unlock the phone) and have seen certain instances where people have had problems after unlocking the phone and taking it overseas. I cannot find any of these (since unlocking) now that I have looked again through the forums and was wondering if anyone can help me identify any potential problems that will prohibit her from using the phone once she gets there. I want to make sure that any problems are addressed before I leave so she doesnt stress when she gets there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

ETA: she will only require sms and calling while she is there
    The issues are with the carriers not providing all features or BIS or BES services to the device. That is not due to the fact the device is unlocked.
    05-31-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD