So several of my buttons dont work (letters) and of course, I have a password set on my device. It just so happens that my password contains some of those letters that dont work. So is there anyway to reset the device from my cpu? I cant get into it to get my numbers and etc. Not to mention (although I doubt it) it may get my buttons to work. Anyone know?
    08-04-08 02:11 PM
    Have you attempted to create a back up of the device? In theory, it should ask you for the password when you create the back up. Then you can just wipe the device and ask for a new one.

BTW, your Model info you have stated is incorrect, AT&T does not have the 8330.
    08-04-08 02:30 PM
    What Sunkast said...

Make a backup with DM

Then Wipe the device

If your hardware is failing, get a warranty replacement ASAP!
    08-04-08 02:35 PM
    I wiped the device but it still asks me for a password. I entered in the incorrect password ten times and it asked me to enter "blackberry". BUt i cant because the r doesnt respond.
    08-04-08 02:37 PM
    I do not understand - sorry.

If this is a new device, how does it have a password?

If there is a problem with your new phone then you should do as sunkast says and obtain a replacement especially if you have an easily demonstrated fault like a non-working 'r' key.

I/we have all the answers to rebooting and removing passwords as well as how to re-install the OS but if this phone is under warranty then it really should be replaced rather than just wiping it and re-loading everythng.

If the phine is not new, then I would talk to my carrier to see if they can help you. The 'r' key not working may be a quick fix for them.

Either way, please let us know and we will help.
    08-04-08 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD