Sorry for the possibly weird question, but I've looked online and can't find out the answer--I know from time to time BlackBerry pushes new icons onto devices like the Bing shortcut. Has there recently been some sort of GPS locator / BlackBerry locator icon that has appeared on Verizon Wireless Curves? I don't have a Curve (I still use a 7250), but my fiance has one and she freaked out this morning, waking me up before dawn, because she's accusing me of hacking her BlackBerry and installing some GPS family locator icon. I don't know what she's talking about and I haven't ever touched her device, and I haven't called Verizon to install anything remotely somehow. Any help out there would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    06-23-10 05:27 AM
    It's just a service book that Verizon pushed (not Blackberry). Almost all carriers push service books that show up as shortcuts to install (it's not installed, until you click to install it) programs that they recommend. They may be free programs (NFL program), or for services you may be billed for (VZNavigator). Just hide the icon and carry on as if nothing ever happened.
    06-23-10 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD