I love my BB Curve and my contacts were transferred from my previous Verizon phone. However, I'd love to be able to work on my contacts via the laptop and transfer them to the BB as needed. Has that never been an option with a Blackberry? I'm doing a backup via the Desktop Manager, but can't find anywhere to open the file on the laptop. Thanks for your help. This is a great site.
    09-02-08 06:19 PM
    Unfortunately no you cannot.
    09-02-08 06:22 PM
    Okay. Then I'll quit searching for a way to do it. Perhaps "someday" those with more knowhow than me will find a way. Thanks
    09-02-08 06:29 PM
    You can sync them with outlook, edit them, etc
    09-02-08 06:40 PM
    I synch them to Outlook and works fine for me that way.
    09-02-08 07:31 PM
    Do a search on the forums for abc edit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 08:32 PM
    There is that ABC blackberry edit or something like that. I don't recall if it is free or purchase. Or perhaps syncing with outlook or something?

The same company makes an IPD merger that unfortunately is like $20 which turns me off of it. I rarely concider merging backups into a single backup file. In fact the only reason I wanted it in the 1st place was from a bug in 4.3.xxx whatever sprints latest OS is/was 2 months or so ago where keep forever was acting as keep for 30 days for messages and call logs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD