Hi All,

Trying to help my mother with her blackberry. I just got one too and I have been searching but cannot find the answer.

Question:
    Is it possible to synch with the computer and have a file with all the contacts on the computer then edit it (able to add, edit, delete contacts)?

Once it is edited, is it then possible to send that all back to the 8900? Reason is I have about 50-75 numbers needing to be added and it would take forever typing it into the 8900. Not to mention my mother wants to be able to edit in the future.

Any help is appreciated
    03-13-09 11:23 AM
    Yes, you can sync your phone with Outlook. Modify the contacts with Outlook and then sync back. There may be another way to do it also but I always use Outlook.
    03-13-09 11:26 AM
    Well if you are a pc user, you should be able to synch with outlook amogst others and if you're a mac user you can synch with address book, Entourage and others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 11:26 AM
    I am a PC user and will try synching with outlook.

I dont know what exactly to do tho to initiate this process.
    03-13-09 11:33 AM
    I did a quick google search and found this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ho...utlook-165416/
    03-13-09 11:41 AM
    Can you sync with windows address book?
    03-13-09 11:47 AM
    You can sync to Outlook Express / Windows Mail and that will get into Address Book. If you look at the Desktop Manager sync options you will see that there are a number of options and there is a 3rd party company Free download ABC Amber Text Convertor, convert document to PDF, CHM, HTML, RTF, DOC, TXT, WPD, MCW, WPS, SAM, WSD, WRI, RFT who make a number of file converters and readers that will allow you to convert just about any file format to any other including BlackBerry Backup .ipd files and iCalendar files.
    03-13-09 12:40 PM
    Thank you all, I will report back after I try this evening
    03-13-09 12:51 PM
    Learned something new from ArmaK on another thread and I thank him/her.
    When I first got my 8900 I copied phone numbers from the sim to phone. Although my old phone was set up as having names with multiple phone number, i.e., labeled as mobile, work, etc, it showed up as same names with multiple entries but all labeled as "work". I edited them as my original set up and synched it with Outlook Express. I checked wab in OE and they are set up how I wanted. Now the question is: If I resynched wab back to my 8900 will the set up be the same as the way I currently have it set up and not labeled was "work" number per entry? Thanx for the help!

cheezz
    03-13-09 02:35 PM
    i was trying to do exactly this. But I don't use outlook. So I exported to csv file, where you can edit using Excel or OpenOffice. Then import it back.

Here's how:

In desktop manager, click synchronize. Then configure the synchronizing as ASCII importer/exporter. Make sure the fields are seperated by commas. Export the address book as file with .csv as extension. Do the reverse when importing.

This is all off the top of my head. If you can't figure it out, I can get you exact steps when i get home to access desktop manager.
    03-13-09 03:13 PM
    I did it one time using outlook....using the procedure aristile posted above....
    03-13-09 03:17 PM
    I second Pete ABC is easy as...well, ABC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD