hey all, im sure there is a post out there somewhere lol, but i was just wondering, i see you can buy colored trackball, any color you want. But is it possible, to color my own? i took my out a few mins ago to see where the light was, an i have 2 lights, 1 on each side "left, right". dont want to take a chance in messing something up lol, since i have only had it for 4 days lol. But do the color trackballs, light up also? an do they light up well. I was thinking if i take a colored sharpie marker, an just color the ball my self, if that would work. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks you.

John
    08-18-09 02:40 PM
    You sure can dye your own trackball:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dye...allery-144460/

There is a link to another thread in the first post that explains the process.

The sharpie method will work as well, but it is harder to get an even color.
    08-18-09 02:44 PM
    how well does the color show up?
    08-18-09 02:47 PM
    how well does the color show up?
    Did you look at the pics?
    08-18-09 02:49 PM
    sry, seen the post u put up there, i cant view the pics here at my work, have to wait till i get home. have you done the sharpie method, an how did it work if you dont mind me asking.
    08-18-09 02:50 PM
    No, I've never used the sharpie method.
    08-18-09 02:52 PM
    so in order to dye the ball it self, do i need to remove the ball from the plastic housing its in? lol, im sure i need 2. If you would tell me how to go about doing that, so i dont screw up my phone. Sorry if im getting on ur nerves lol. Also, is it possible to say put a movie on the curve. I download movies from time to time, an i dled the bb video converter, but it wouldnt accept the AVI movie i put in there, it wouldnt convert it. An do you know of a app, that changes the lights of the keys, instead of the white, i have looked around some, but came up with nothing. Once again thanks, an take care
    08-18-09 03:25 PM
    dont worry bout the video part lol, found what i was looking for up here in the forums!
    08-18-09 03:43 PM
    Yes, you definitely have to take your trackball apart. Now, with the availability of colored trackballs on eBay, cnn.cn, etc. it doesn't really make much sense to dye your own TB unless you really wan to save a few $$$.

If you are going to do it yourself, you definitely want to buy a spare TB anyway, in case you mess your one and only TB up, also it is good to have a complete TB to refer to when you are reassembling your TB back together again.

Here is a tutorial to give you an idea of what you would be getting yourself into:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/qui...6/#post2225904
    08-18-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD