Hi all sorry if this is a question that has been asked and answered multiple times, but I can not seem to find the info that I need. I just got my ATT 8310 "thanks again kevin" I am setting up the phone and I am trying to set up me personal email account and I believe that I have set it up correctly using the online setup proccess, but I can not send or recieve the emails. When I try to send an email it just sits there saying pending. Thanks for any and all help that you can give me.
    11-14-07 12:39 AM
    Did you add it as a pop3 account? I suggest from the device, go to the 'setup internet mail' wizard and check all settings. You might just have to resend the service books.

Also, did you have a data plan added to your AT&T account?
    11-14-07 05:45 AM
    Sounds like a classic "no data plan" issue. Been there. If you had a data account before your new BB, then call AT&T and have them switch your data plan to a Blackberry Data plan.
    11-14-07 09:41 AM
    I concur. I bet it's a provisioning goof.
    11-14-07 10:04 AM
    That was the problem I had a data plan not a blackberry data plan. As soon as it was switched I started recieving emails. However I am getting my emails but I can not send them. The curve acts like it sends them but they are not recieved and when I check my emails i get a message from blackberry about this message is used to carry the data between your device and the server do not move reply or delete message. what is this all about?
    11-14-07 11:39 AM
    It sounds like you are setup for the desktop redirect service. You may want to resetup your email and choose the Blackberry Internet Service option.
    11-14-07 11:43 AM
    Ok is that a setting I can just change or do I have to reset up my email accounts. If I can just change a setting were do I do that. I also don't remeber seeing that option when I sent up the email.
    11-14-07 11:49 AM
    I am not familiar with your setup options from your handheld (I am on T-Mobile), but a co-worker had a similar problem (not having the BIS option available from his 8830) with Sprint and actually had to resetup his email from the Sprint website. You may want to go to the ATT/Cingular website and delete your email and then set it up again on the website choosing the blackberry internet service instead of the blackberry enterprise / desktop redirector option.
    11-14-07 11:52 AM
    I believe that when you setup the Desktop Manager software into your computer you were asked to check on a box, one was redirector the other option was BIS. If you checked off desktop redirector then you might have to remove the DM from your computer and re-install and check off BIS.
    11-14-07 10:57 PM
    I have it all working now thanks guys. I had to go into the service book and deleate the desktop rederct files and then it all started working correctly.
    11-15-07 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD