My original handset came down w/ some sort of software corruption. Being under warranty I received a replacement from Blackberry however, the sound quality is NOT the same at all. The phone rings low, the media playback is also low.
    Is there anyone who knows what can be done to fix this annoying problem. Please any help is welcomed.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 11:20 PM
    Updating the OS might help, but I doubt it will. It's probably a hardware issue. Take it back again, and get a new one, that's what I'd recommend.
    06-26-10 11:28 PM
    Thanks, Mangcool for the heads-up but who knew that taking the phone in to be serviced would be worst then pulling teeth. The techs did nothing for the hour that they had my phone. The tech claims he was trying to replicate the problem (when asked by his Supervisor because he refuse to tell me).
    The tech did everything to dispute my claims as if I haven't paid insurance for 5 years (on multiple lines).
    Finally, after having my personal space invaded & threatened & ignored (w/ not manager available) the Supervisor agreed to order me a brand new phone.
    In closing, it should Not be this dawn difficult to fix a phone that has about 6 months of manuf warranty on it & is accompanied w/ insurance.

06-28-10 05:48 PM
    Thanks, Mangcool for the heads-up but who knew that taking the phone in to be serviced would be worst then pulling teeth. The techs did nothing for the hour that they had my phone. The tech claims he was trying to replicate the problem (when asked by his Supervisor because he refuse to tell me).
    The tech did everything to dispute my claims as if I haven't paid insurance for 5 years (on multiple lines).
    Finally, after having my personal space invaded & threatened & ignored (w/ not manager available) the Supervisor agreed to order me a brand new phone.
    In closing, it should Not be this dawn difficult to fix a phone that has about 6 months of manuf warranty on it & is accompanied w/ insurance.

What's your provider? I hope not Sprint. I've had Sprint for about 4 years now, and I haven't had any problem with them whatsoever. I've returned 2 BlackBerrys (8330 and 9630) and replaced them with new ones. But glad to hear that they're sending you a new one.
    06-28-10 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD