It's like I have a virus on my BB!!

ALL msgs, aside from those I was lucky enough to save, are deleted within hours, EXCEPT spam!! Also, it doesn't appear as if I'm receiving all of the msgs that are sent to me.

The spam msgs are NOT in my MS Outlook email, NOR are they on the ISP's internet site for webmail (Cox). All other msgs ARE though (thank God).

I once had 1,500+ msgs, I now have 42! All of these - except some from earlier today - are spam! The spam msgs are showing up randomly on different days and they weren't there before.

I haven't changed settings anywhere - AT&T hasn't a clue what the problem is.

I've searched the topic in the forums here and found memory-related threads but this does not appear to be the issue with my BB.

Options/Status =
    File Free: 9269538
    File Total: 54919168

Media/Options =
    Device Mem Limit: 15 MB
    Reserved Pic Mem: 0 MB

All pictures are set to store to the media card.

Msg List/Options/Gen Options =
    Keep Msgs: Forever

What's your opinion? Do I have a virus?

Can you help me with a fix?

MANY thanks!!
    02-06-09 02:52 AM
    Your file free is poor! Below 12-15 usually and you will notice problems

Pull the battery and it will improve..... Do you have facebook or viigo? Alot of themes?

One of the first things that goes when your BB needs memory are texts........ You can set it to allow a certain amount (up to 50) or you can delete them manually. Your issue IMO is texts. 1500? Surprised you did not have issues sooner.

Good luck
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-06-09 at 03:16 AM.
    02-06-09 03:09 AM
    I rarely ever use texts - once in a blue moon.

I've pulled the battery, several times over the last few days, and nothing improved.

I don't have any 3rd party aps - my BB is "as is" when I bought it last year from AT&T.

I should have been more clear, I had 1500+ email msgs. If they had attachments, I deleted most if the attachment was larger than 100 kb.

I did read in another thread about disappearing msgs that decreased free space will cause msgs to automatically delete and I had this issue before I installed a memory card. I thought the pictures were the cause before.

Why are there so many spam msgs??

Thanks!
    02-06-09 03:26 AM
    I see.

I am not certain if that amount of emails would cause an issue so....

The strange thing is something is certainly not right to have your file free that low after a battery pull. Mine with 4 extra themes and 4 apps runs at about 32..... your at 9, this has to be either the cause of your issue or this spam thing you are having is killing your memory.

I will step aside because a BB guru I am not - they are resting

Hopefully soon someone will jump in and help you with the spam issue. Best of luck to ya

Trem
    02-06-09 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD