Hi,

I have just received a blackberry 8900 curve (v4.6.1.206 platform 4.2.0.102) from my employer on the Orange UK network. Itís absolutely great apart from one frustrating problem. I canít get the blackberry maps (v4.6.1) to work.

I can activate the GPS and it picks up satellites no problem but doesnít download any data (just displays the diagonal lines). I have even downloaded the Google maps (v3.0.2) application and when this is loaded it states ĎNetwork Unavailableí. This doesnít change even if I connected via WiFi. I have since downloaded Google mobile app and this displays a states it canít connect to the internet when itís selected.

Iím connected via BES for work emails, calendar, contact, task wireless sync. I presume this means I have a data connection and even my IT dept donít understand why the maps donít work and they have also contacted Orange about it, who havenít helped either!

I can access the internet via the browser and surf with no limitations. Iím not sure if it means anything but my TCP settings are set at:

APN settings enabled (checked)
    APN: orangeinternet
    APN authentication enabled (unchecked)
    Username for ANP (blank)
    Password for ANP (blank)

Can anyone suggest a possible fix before my Blackberry ends up out of the window?
    08-30-09 06:10 PM
    If your IT staff is willing to put in the time. Have them restore the phone to factory settings, restore any BES setup, and reinstall the app?

Or there is some sort of permissions your IT staff is missing. I doubt this has anything to do with the network provider.
    08-31-09 06:12 PM
    I think I'd be asking my IT staff what they have in their IT Policy!!! The IT Policy can restrict a lot of Blackberry capabilities.
    08-31-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD