hiii there everyone.
    i (stupidly) managed to break my blackberry on new years eve. getting it covered in mud, and then perhaps putting it in water to 'clean' (though i'm not one hundred percent sure on this..) ANYWAY, whatever I did broke it. As you'd expect.
    The phone turns on fine, the screen works perfectly and shows my notifications, etc. but the keyboard, scroll ball and top buttons do not respond... I tried placing it in an airing cupboard, and in a bag of rice.. to no avail. I've seen tutorials on replacing the keyboards and trackballs but was wanted to ask if it was the right thing to do first before going ahead to purchase anything? my warranty has run out, and I blame myself for being so stupid.. but i miss my blackberry loads.. perhaps a little TOO much.. but i've been thinking about it every day.. haha.. any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks for your time!
    01-06-11 04:24 PM
    The fact that you can receive messages means the logic board is still working.

The odds are good the problem is in the connections to the keypad. You can buy the correct screwdrive to open the case and try remaking the connection. If that doesn't work, you can buy replacement keypads for a lot less then a replacement BlackBerry.
    01-06-11 04:30 PM
    I'm amazed your screen is still working, the keyboard and trackpad has to be replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 04:35 PM
    I know, I was so surprised (but thankful) that the screen was still working. The only reason I was unsure about the replacement keyboard and trackpad was the fact that the two buttons on the top (mute/unlock) don't work either. Are they all connected together?
    01-06-11 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD