Hi!

I have a blackberry curve, and have no emails in my message box, but the "envelope" icon is still showing?

Thank you!
    06-18-08 11:42 AM
    try switching themes, or if that doesnt work try a batt pull...
    06-18-08 11:45 AM
    this seems to be a common problem with the curve....it happens a lot with the missed call icon

if switching themes or battery pull doesnt do the trick

wiping the handheld will definitly work
    all you have to do for that is backup then wipe then restore....it did the trick for me
    06-18-08 11:48 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I would try to search the forum for other threads... there have been a number of people with this issue...

Do the standard batt pull
    If not fixed... make sure you have a backup on DM and then wipe the handheld and restore.

If you do not have a backup, then backup first, wipe, restore. I do not think the issue will live through the backup / restore process... but we will see
    06-18-08 11:51 AM
    I usually wait for a new unread message to come up and when I'm in that I try to go to the Next Unread Message and it usually takes me to something I forgot or seems to help my phone reset itself. If that doesn't work then usually it goes away when I power down for a min and restart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 11:54 AM
    your message box isn't just for emails it will also show missed calls. and if you didn't set up your screen to seperate sms/mms from emails it will also show texts in you message box. You may want to check those areas too.

welcome and enjoy the addiction!

I never thought I'd be a 'crackhead'
    06-18-08 12:03 PM
    Thanks everyone! The battery-pull worked. Thank God y'all are here to help me figure out this da** thing!

Kimmie
    06-18-08 12:12 PM
    Batt pull is more or less a "cure all," any odd problems are *usu* fixed with that... glad we could all help!
    06-18-08 12:16 PM
    lucky
    glad it worked!
    06-18-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD