I have a curve 8330 by boost with os 5.0.0.438. Can I remove the factory loaded apps and programs that I don't want? If there is how do I do it? Please help so I can have apps that I want and still have memory open to run right.
    06-17-10 10:02 PM
    You can remove them by going to options then applications and removing them from that list.

Some things you can delete without harm would be - password keeper, brick breaker, help, notepad, tasks, docs 2 go, maps

This should help free up a good amount of space for you depending how many you remove.
    06-17-10 10:07 PM
    Won't delete the pushed content though. I just hide that in a folder I don't use... Doesn't really take up any memory as it is just an icon not an app...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 10:17 PM
    You can only delete the service books for those, which just get pushed again anyways, so hiding them will certainly be your best bet.
    06-17-10 10:17 PM
    When I go to options, apps, under third party apps there is an app called delete first. It has the bb style icon. What is this and do I need it?
    06-17-10 11:05 PM
    Leave that one, you wont be able to do anything with that. It is part of the OS
    06-17-10 11:06 PM
    Thanks for the help. It was just what I needed to know.
    06-18-10 06:43 AM
    I recommend using the desktop program, Shrink-A-OS. It is safer than just deleting it from your phone. It creates a folder for your deleted apps so that you could re-install them, if you change your mind. I've used it to delete foreign lang support, voice actuated dialing, voice recorder, vendor themes, etc.
    JBarbero

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD