Ok the only thing wrong is when I go into phone and modems I don't see the see anything. Nothing shows up to click. I tried install then reinstall DM, no luck. What else can I do? Its frusterating

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 06:03 PM
    09-27-09 07:23 PM
    thanx but this didnt solve my problem. When I go to the phone/modem options I dont get anything to select. Nothing shows up
    09-27-09 10:00 PM
    Go to Control Panel -> Phone & Modem Options. In the Modems tab, you should see a new “Standard Modem” on a new port (such as COM6 or COM11). If you do, jump to the next step.

However, if your modem is missing:
    If this modem entry is missing and cannot be found using Plug n Play, you may have to manually add it. Verify you have “RIM Virtual Serial Port” drivers installed. Find out which COM ports the RIM Virtual Serial Ports are, go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT) … This will tell you which COM ports your BlackBerry Modem is on. Next, go to Control Panel -> Phone and Modem and Remove the modem. Re-add the modem by clicking on Add. You MUST select the “Standard 33600 bps Modem” (correct) INSTEAD OF “Standard 56000 bps Modem” (wrong). Click Next. You will be asked for the ports to add this modem to. Add this modem to all COM ports that the RIM Virtual Serial Port is on. You must choose the “Standard 33600 bps Modem” because of incompatible AT commands that result in an Error 628. Don’t worry, the speed won’t be slower.
    09-27-09 10:33 PM
    The standard modem drivers should be in C:\program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Modem Drivers
    However, if you are having problems with these drivers, uninstall, delete all leftover RIM files, and then reinstall the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop.

Here is about the best how to around IMO
    [User] HOWTO: Use BlackBerry As Modem For Laptop! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    09-27-09 10:48 PM
    I had the same issue. In the end to fix it I deleated all RIM files from my laptop, restarted and reinstalled everything. I'm using the leaked DM and the IP modem, works great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD