06-29-10 01:19 PM
33 12
tools
    I guess it's well enough for her to get on with her business

Job well done Pete!

Yes, I know. But you gotta pay for that one.
    I did nothing except get her to boot to Safe Mode to check we had a working phone/OS on our hands and make sure thr radio was switch on and resend the Service Books.

Now, if I had remembered to do all that in thr right order, I could be pleased with myself - assuming welshmum has not thrown here non-working phone out the window.
    06-29-10 11:08 AM
    Back up and running (did say thank you|)but still having a few problems!! tried to re-download twitter but cant, it says i already have it but its not in my downloads folder and my sms/mms are going into my instant messenger folder???
    06-29-10 12:13 PM
    By instant messenger folder you make it too hard to guess... What app are we talking about?

If it's BBM, the contact merged with the BBM contac. Unbound them and it will stop.

For the twitter install. Try a battery pull. If no go, get to Options > Applications, find Twitter (might be under Add-On) and delete it. Pull again. Try to install.

I really hope this solves it... If it's the bug I think it is... >< oh boy...
    06-29-10 12:29 PM
    you may have accidently hidden twitter. try from the home screen click the menu button twice and make sure show all is checked.. or maybe try changing your theme...
    06-29-10 12:41 PM
    you may have accidently hidden twitter. try from the home screen click the menu button twice and make sure show all is checked.. or maybe try changing your theme...
    Yes. I've completely forgotten that scenario...
    06-29-10 12:49 PM
    Sorry for the timeout. I got moaned at by Mrs. Pete6 to put up some shelves in the garden shed.

However I am really glad that you are back up and running. Precisely what was the problem please? It is handy to know for future reference. Anyway you are now the expert on this particular problem so the next person that has this exact same problem......

welshmum, you gotta be really specific with us guys. Crackberrians are all over every app that runs on any BlackBerry. I am more of a systems OS type guy but others know far more about Twitter, BBM and other messaging clients than I do.

Hang around here and sooner or later and someone will come by to help you.

As an adisde, thinking up an informative thread title is more likely to attract the resource you need to help you.
    06-29-10 12:58 PM
    Thanks all, twitter back up and running.
    Still got my sms going into my bbm folder, i know there is a way to seperate them ive done it before but cant remember!!!
    06-29-10 01:08 PM
    Open Messages, press Menu, scroll down to Options, Inbox Settings and uncheck the box beside SMS and MMS will keep SMS and MMS messages out of you email Inbox.

For BBM ya gotta ask some else as I am far too old to use BBM - grin.
    06-29-10 01:19 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD