3 times today my phones restarted on its own while I was using it. I've pulled the battery out and I've deleted the one game that didn't work properly. The once did it when I was on bb messenger. The convo was really long so I though it might have overthought. So I started new convo and it did it again. Then I came on here for help and again. Now I'm retyping and hoping it won't restart. can anyone help me or do I have to take my bb to the store to get looked at?

OS 4.5.0.77 - 8330 Curve - Telus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 09:28 PM
    If it's less than 1 year old, get it replaced.
    02-11-09 10:11 PM
    Aww man I was hoping somebody else had this problem and maybe it was something I did wrong. ill have to go back next week and see what's going on. Thanks

02-11-09 11:40 PM
    I have been havin problems with random restarts as well mainly on the net. I am not sure just all by its self because it has no start up sounds but I have never cought it doing this. I was on the .77 and on my 2nd replacment so I'm guessing firmware lol I'm trying out the .131 now. 30284668 <- pin me later ill let u know how the update does.

02-24-09 09:24 PM
    It could be a memory issue. If you want to look into that post you file free memory here

options>status

IT is likely a memory issue or a battery issue, rule one out and we can go from there.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-24-09 at 09:40 PM.
    02-24-09 09:33 PM
    Trem is right, it is most likely a memory issue. Many times programs run in the background that we forget to close and it sucks up our memory. There are quite a few programs that are memory hogs as well. Right off the bat I have heard that facebook, viigo, and some others problematic. Also if you have a lot of emails, calendar entries, and Messenger messages saved up, that can cost memory too.

Memory is a pretty precious comodity on the Curve, so we usually try to keep it above a certain level.

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 10:37 PM
    I was leaning more towards a battery issue with your phone since you have the 8330. Your symptoms fit both but as I said the 8330 is a bit harder to push into a memory related fit (not impossible, just harder). IF your file free is above 12mb then replace your battery or if within one year get it swapped out (if you like)

I would replace the battery and then it should resolve. It is fairly common for batteries even with a good charge percentage to actually be dead/dying.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-24-09 at 11:39 PM.
    02-24-09 11:34 PM
    I just got my VZW 8330 last week and it has restarted itself randomly probably about 6 times. Recently when i was in my BIS email trying to delete messages everything started to lag, then all of a sudden it was restarting.
    Should I be worried? It is above 12 MB free file and the battery is at 75%.
    Is there a way to make sure programs aren't running in the background?
    03-03-09 09:10 PM
    To see what's running in the background hold the Alt key down then press and hold the Back key. There should only be 5 apps running (Home, BBM, Messages, Phone, Browser) if anything else is running scroll to that icon and release the Back key. When the app opens press the Menu key and select Close/Exit to properly end it.

03-03-09 09:31 PM
    To see what's running in the background hold the Alt key down then press and hold the Back key. There should only be 5 apps running (Home, BBM, Messages, Phone, Browser) if anything else is running scroll to that icon and release the Back key. When the app opens press the Menu key and select Close/Exit to properly end it.

That's all that was running...
    It just did it again while I was on BB messenger...I guess I need to make a trip to the VZW store. The LED turns solid red and it just restarts for no reason.
    Would a battery pull change anything?
    03-03-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD