My wife and I just got his and her Curves from Verizon. I stepped up from my workhorse 8703e to a silver/black Curve and she got the pink. Her keyboard is noticably better to type on. Visibility is fine on both, but her keys seem a millimeter or more higher than mine.
    I type pretty quickly on hers (tho not as fast as I could on the 8703e), while I have numerous typos on my new Curve.

>> Is this a know issue, or is my Blackberry keyboard just "sunken" a little? Dealing with Verizon to get a replacement seems like a drag. All input is welcome. Thank you.
    -Bob
    03-15-09 11:28 AM
    I would, if it's not to far away, go to the Verizon store and compare your Curve to one of theirs.

See if the keys are different. (Bring everything of yours with you though, incase yours is faulty) that way you can just swap it out right then. You won't have to go back and make another trip.

Also ask them if this counts as a trade in if it is defective.

Becaue they sold you a defective phone that isn't your fault should not cost you your trade in. If in 2 weeks you don't like it you should still get to trade it in. They might want to tell you, "sorry you already used your trade in".

Hope this helps.

msblueline

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 12:51 PM
    I had a defective silver curve too that the keyboard was not very good. Just take it back and have them swap it out under your 30 day policy. Thats all, should be fine though.
    03-15-09 01:05 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess I do have to bring it in to Verizon to see if they will swap it. It's a subtle defect and I am not into convincing them of the flaw. I've also done lot's of customizing in the two days I've had it, though I suppose there may be a way to save all that and restore it to a new unit. (4 email addresses, quicklaunch, photos, etc.)

It's hard to believe all the black/silvers have worse keyboards than the pinks!
    03-15-09 02:28 PM
    I don't know if I can call it better or worse, but the keyboard is different on my pink curve than on my silver one. I had a silver curve and needed a replacement. The pink one wasn't available when I got mine so when the customer service girl asked if i had a pink or silver one, I said pink and they sent me a pink one. I noticed the difference right away, had a bunch of typos before I got used to the new feel.
    03-16-09 07:15 AM
    I have the silver 8330 from verizon and mine it fine. I have changed the whole housing on mine and it still works like a charm. They gave you a defective phone.
    03-16-09 07:20 AM
    This is very interesting but like some of the others have said if it's defective you should return it for sure.
    03-16-09 07:22 AM
    i've noticed a big difference between the keyboard height on my curve from sprint to my blue casing curve...it could be the keyboard itself
    03-16-09 09:00 AM
    Thanks for all the input. Verizon quickly swapped it out, agreeing that the other key board was NG. This will still take some getting used to - my 8703e was like a fullsized keyboard compared to this.

03-18-09 09:22 PM
    I have small hands, for a guy, and I use the tips of my thumbnails to type on the Curve.

03-18-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD