personally the black trackball adds a very small percentage of sophistication to it

thats just me though
    10-31-08 09:20 PM
    but back on topic, the trackball really doesn't need to be lit, everyone knows how to scroll
    +1 All BB addicts should know it by now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 01:29 PM
    Quite correct no LED for the trackball on the 8900. It does look a bit weird on the bold. I will be changing it around again. By the way the atomic trackball will work on all current BlackBerry's.

I noticed that the atomic trackball is a little bit bigger than the Bold's trackball (maybe I am wrong...). Does the atomic trackball fit well on Bold? Or is it loose? Thanks so much for the pictures and information!!!!!
    11-01-08 08:49 PM
    WOWZERS......im still debating between a production unit of the bold or a prod javelin...but this is amazing...i work a lot in dubai, where i have unlimited data...but 3G BLOWS here....i was just wondering if 3G is even worth it
    11-02-08 08:23 AM
    Quite correct no LED for the trackball on the 8900. It does look a bit weird on the bold. I will be changing it around again. By the way the atomic trackball will work on all current BlackBerry's.

the black trackball might not work
    because the curve 8900 uses a different style of detection with laser

Hey mobiman..... I wonder if it's true that Javelin trackball uses laser detection... and are we able to swap the whole trackball part to the bold (not just the ball itself)..? Thanks a lot!!!
    11-02-08 09:35 AM
    Hey mobiman..... I wonder if it's true that Javelin trackball uses laser detection... and are we able to swap the whole trackball part to the bold (not just the ball itself)..? Thanks a lot!!!
    he already did... there are pics posted...
    11-02-08 12:05 PM
    he already did... there are pics posted...
    well, I just don't know if mobiman swapped just the little ball (the little white tiny sphere), or the whole part of the trackball (including the sensors and mechanics etc. around the ball)
    11-02-08 09:00 PM
    he said he swapped the whole mechanism...
    11-02-08 09:09 PM
    he said he swapped the whole mechanism...
    Hey sorry man.... I just checked his post and didn't find any info about the whole mechanism.... i think he just said he swapped the "trackball".... maybe I overlooked something?
    11-02-08 10:35 PM
    Nice I hope T-Mo really gets the phone
    11-03-08 12:09 AM
    Hey sorry man.... I just checked his post and didn't find any info about the whole mechanism.... i think he just said he swapped the "trackball".... maybe I overlooked something?
    hmmm
    i guess it does say that... i just assumed he had since he said he was going to be opening up both phones...

hey mobiman, whats the verdict?
    11-03-08 02:23 AM
    ...now that's the phone I'm waiting for. Nice pics in comparison to what I have now.
    11-03-08 02:36 AM
    I am sure he meant the whole mechanism. The new style sealed trackball would require that to work.
    11-03-08 08:13 AM
    hmmm
    i guess it does say that... i just assumed he had since he said he was going to be opening up both phones...

hey mobiman, whats the verdict?
    Yeah. hopefully it's the way =) I was wondering because you know you can take only the ball out. =) The current trackball is too loose I feel.
    11-03-08 08:18 AM
    I am sure he meant the whole mechanism. The new style sealed trackball would require that to work.
    Oh it's sealed? I thought we could always take only the ball out. just like what they do when they are cleaning the trackball.
    11-03-08 08:19 AM
    im sure it is all the same size...

11-03-08 11:49 AM
    im sure it is all the same size...

I know the balls are all same size. but if the sensors and mechanics around the ball is different then the wrapping of the ball is different, and thus it might be tighter , or looser.
    11-03-08 12:07 PM
    i meant the whole mechanism size, considering the trackballs are all interchangeable now.. even the G1 uses the exact same trackball device...

11-03-08 01:59 PM
    i meant the whole mechanism size, considering the trackballs are all interchangeable now.. even the G1 uses the exact same trackball device...

Oh I c... hehe. I am just a little bit worried after knowing that the trackball's mechanism is laser instead of "mechanical" as shown in the picture (with four little black rubber scrolls...)

i thought they'd remove the white plastic and black rubber so that the whole part of the trackball and mechanism might not be interchangeable.... anyway....

Hopefully you are right and I may be just too obsessed with the Atomic Trackball
    11-03-08 02:29 PM
    i think it will be ok!
    what phone are you rocking right now dwadwa?
    11-03-08 03:58 PM
    Wow, what a shot in the arm those pictures are!

I lost my way the last few days and was even considering getting a HTC Touch HD (I am in Europe, you cant get it in the US) mainly for the camera.....

Anee-Wayyyyyy...

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

Come on Unlocked Jav's - UK!!!

D
    11-03-08 05:16 PM
    i think it will be a while before they start hitting the market

11-03-08 06:38 PM
    i think it will be ok!
    what phone are you rocking right now dwadwa?
    Just ordered Bold, am gonna rock with it in a few days=)

The size is just alright, far smaller than I thought it would be. Omg, so sleek. Anyway I want the Javelin's trackball. The Blackberry's current trackball is just toooooooooooo loose and doesn't move quite smoothly.
    11-04-08 09:09 PM
    Yeh man I just swapped the whole housing as is from one to the other
    11-04-08 10:56 PM
    Yeh man I just swapped the whole housing as is from one to the other
    AHHHHHHHHH I am so jealous!!!!!

Can you sell me and ship me one of the Javelin's trackballs?

BTW, I hate the "bumps" the current trackball has sometimes.....
    11-04-08 11:27 PM
126 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD