Ok, well I had taken a picture of my son with my BB and it had it as a wallpaper. Now that I took my SD card out to transfer some stuff to it with my PC, it popped it back in and now I cant set it as my wallpaper. Now I did notice that the Image has .rim at the end. When I click on the folder and view details with the file it says protected. Now how to I remove that so I can save the picture to my wallpaper and save it to my computer. Thanks
    05-29-10 07:50 PM
    Did you have password and encryption enabled?

Move the pic back into the SD, turn those options off and see if it goes normal.
    Renaming the files (to get rid of the .rim) might be in order after that.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-29-10 at 08:36 PM.
    05-29-10 08:23 PM
    I had no passwords or encryption enabled. The picture is still on the SD. I can view it on the phone still, just cant set it as my wallpaper
    05-29-10 08:28 PM
    Try renaming the picture file from .rim to .jpg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 08:30 PM
    I tried that on my phone but it still shows up. The JPEG file name is still in there, just RIM comes right after it. Actually I just noticed it is not RIM, its REM. IMG00022-20100503-0907.jpg.rem This is the file name just as it shows on the phone and on the computer. If I try to rename the file on my PC it says that it might become unusable if I try to remove the rem extension.
    Last edited by ffjwhite; 05-30-10 at 07:58 AM.
    05-30-10 07:54 AM
    I tried that on my phone but it still shows up. The JPEG file name is still in there, just RIM comes right after it. Actually I just noticed it is not RIM, its REM. IMG00022-20100503-0907.jpg.rem This is the file name just as it shows on the phone and on the computer. If I try to rename the file on my PC it says that it might become unusable if I try to remove the rem extension.
    Make a back-up. Copy the image and paste it on your desktop or in any other folder. Then, try renaming the image, if the image became unusable, replace it with the backed-up one.
    05-30-10 08:40 AM
    I just tried it and it made it unusable.
    05-30-10 08:53 AM
    The REM extension means that it is encrypted. Without the encryption key the file is lost. If you can open the picture on your BB with Media Explorer, you may be able to save it again, under another name, and without encryption. If not, then unfortunately the picture is lost.
    05-30-10 10:28 AM
    I cant rename it either, it says no matching key found. I just dont know how it would have gotten encrypted when I didnt do anything to encrypt it.
    05-30-10 11:06 AM
    I cant rename it either, it says no matching key found. I just dont know how it would have gotten encrypted when I didnt do anything to encrypt it.
    I didn't mean for you to rename it, I meant that if you can open the picture in media explorer to SAVE it under a different name. Now that still may not work as I don't use encryption, but I thought it might be worth a shot.
    05-30-10 11:08 AM
    There is no Save option for any pictures using Media Explorer.
    05-30-10 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD