Hi!
    I recently got my blackberry 8900 and am new to crackberry! I have taken a few pictures on it but when i go to look at them in the folders I can see them as thumbnails , then i click on it and the screen is black for all my pictures
    Has this happened to anyone else? I dont know how to fix it !
    Please help
    09-01-09 08:48 PM
    have you tryed a battery pull? or if you just got it make sure there isnt something wrong out the box..
    09-01-09 10:05 PM
    It worked thank you!! i thought i was going to loose all my pictures!

What does a battery pull do?
    09-02-09 09:42 AM
    Battery pull is like device reset
    You can try install QuickPull to easier device reset

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 11:18 AM
    Battery pull is like device reset
    You can try install QuickPull to easier device reset

Just a note, QuickPull is not the same as a battery pull.
    09-02-09 12:26 PM
    Just a note, QuickPull is not the same as a battery pull.
    Please explain? I have noticed no difference whatsoever.
    09-02-09 01:38 PM
    Please explain? I have noticed no difference whatsoever.
    QuickPull does a "soft reset" on the device, the same as Alt + Left Shift + Delete. A Battery Pull does an actual "Hard Reset" on the device and can't be replicated by a "soft reset". While a "soft reset" does solve some problems, it will not solve as many problems as a Battery Pull will. Removing the power source from electronics can't be replicated via software.
    09-02-09 01:52 PM
    Thanks for your help!
    09-02-09 02:58 PM
    thats right aristle... but QuickPull will very helpfull if we hv hardcase covering our device
    hard reset is only require if the system has badly crashed ^^

09-02-09 08:31 PM
    thats right aristle... but QuickPull will very helpfull if we hv hardcase covering our device
    hard reset is only require if the system has badly crashed ^^

This is not 100% accurate. There are many day-to-day problems that can come up in which QuickPull will not resolve. I don't have any direct examples on hand but I can tell you for sure it comes up all the time in the forum. Regardless if you have a hard case or not, a battery pull should be something you often perform on your device. I have an Innocase II on my device but I remove it to do a battery pull - its not that big of a deal at all. I find no need for QuickPull at all really so I do not install it. If I want to do the same thing that QuickPull does, then I will just do the three finger salute for a soft reset.
    09-02-09 08:38 PM
    QuickPull does a "soft reset" on the device, the same as Alt + Left Shift + Delete. A Battery Pull does an actual "Hard Reset" on the device and can't be replicated by a "soft reset". While a "soft reset" does solve some problems, it will not solve as many problems as a Battery Pull will. Removing the power source from electronics can't be replicated via software.
    Interesting, thanks for the info. I do Quickpull every night, I don't even remember the last time I pulled the battery out.

The statement holds true, "you learn something new everyday"
    09-02-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD